Rest of the family

You show me yours, and I'll show you mine...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Rest of the family

Postby MrB » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Bit of a Honda fan not sure how it happened really. First was the Blade I've had since new in 2012. I've fitted an Akrapovic system, Honda high screen, Harris levers, Gilles chain adjusters with lifters, Harris quick release fuel cap, carbon heel guards and some Techspec tank grips and a tail tidy. I did try some Gilles rearsets but couldn't get on with them. I love it, can take me to the Isle of Man in relative comfort or get the adrenaline flowing on a sunny Sunday. Done around 12K miles now. We all know it's not the quickest most technologically advanced but it's all I want and need from it, no plans to change.

ImageUntitled by (MrB), on Flickr

Then I needed something to get to work on, having moved to Cornwall and eventually finding a job I wanted something bullet proof and reliable so opted for the CBF500. Not much to say about it but it does the job. Looks a little more worse for wear now after a few years of daily use and being knocked over by a man in a van,

ImageHonda CBF500 by (MrB), on Flickr

Next I saw this chap come in for an MOT on a little Honda that I really liked the look of, an RVF400RR NC35. I asked the chap if he ever wanted to sell to let me know as I'd be interested and as they say the rest is history. Totally standard apart from the rear seat cowl and a random HRC sticker that covers a little plastic weld. Few little jobs I'd like to get done to finish her off.

ImageHonda RVF400RR NC35 by (MrB), on Flickr

Then it was the misses turn, she did her test years ago but circumstances changed and hadn't ridden for a long time. To save the 'how much' and 'how many bikes do you need' questions I got her a little CBR125R to get back into it and build some confidence. So far it's worked.

MrB

Re: Rest of the family

Postby pirks » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Unusual to find an nc35 still with a standard can. Looks in good clean condition, do you manage to get out on it much?
pirks

Postby MrB » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:43 pm

As often as possible when it's dry it always gets a clean afterwards, keep on top of it and it's OK. Would like to get the wheels painted and the swingarm cleaned up a little but that's about it I like a bit of a patina it's all genuine. Have a Micron for it but no interest to fit it. Fun little bike without the need to do silly speeds. Tops out about 115 (restricted).
MrB

Postby MrB » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Forgot to mention Dray a rescued Boreboel, no I' never heard of them either. He's the security adviser.

ImageDray by (MrB), on Flickr
MrB

Postby Stars and Stripes » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 am

A really nice bunch of bike you have there :thumbup:
My licence says "Tear down the dotted line" so "I DO"
Stars and Stripes

Postby pirks » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:41 am

I've had this longer than any bike I've ever owned (9 years, wife had it for 2 years previous to that) and had it in bits twice now to completely clean it up but like yourself they all get washed after every ride then polished as well. Excellent riding experience and one i will never get rid of, so I do know why you like your nc35.
I've collected quite a few parts for it over the years inc complete spare fairing and fuel tank
Last edited by pirks on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
pirks

Postby MrB » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:52 am

pirks wrote:I've had this longer than any bike I've ever owned (9 years) and had it in bits twice now to completely clean it up but like yourself they all get washed after every ride then polished as well

ooh that's lovely, another I'd like to add to the collection finding non ruined examples is hard, nice one. :thumbup:
MrB

Postby MrB » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Another addition to the family, for the other half.

A 2004 CBR600F4i, 1 previous owner.

MrB

Postby pirks » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Nice!
I've got an 06 plate one, my 4th 600f alongside the other two i have. An absolute great do anything bike and that's being derogatory about the bike.
I'm sure she will love riding it.
pirks

Return to Readers Bikes