Tom's SP

You show me yours, and I'll show you mine...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Re: Tom's SP

Postby pirks » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:02 pm

A damn fine job you have done on the bike, hope the weather picks up for you so you can get out on it
:thumbup:
pirks

Postby zxrob » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:09 pm

:thumbup: Its come together nicely

Rob
zxrob

Postby tony.mon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Shame about the butchered fairings, but you found a good solution, best get some miles done :D and just in time for the decent weather.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity
tony.mon

Postby pptom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Wow, almost a year ago. I only did about 500 miles on it last year, but I've a few bikes to share riding duties. I had an annoying pulsating coming from the front end under braking, runout on the discs is well under spec, all the bobbins are free, head bearings are good, so I recently replaced the front wheel bearings, still to test ride.
Just uncovered the bike from winter hibernation and fired it up with no troubles so I could change the oil and filter.
While it was warming up I got a Baro sensor fault flash up, I removed the upper cowl and it looks like someone has had a go at the wiring to it in the past, I missed it during the rebuild. I'll strip the bodge and re-solder it tomorrow.
Decided the rear tyre is a bit squared off and it felt a bit wrong when tipping in, so just ordered a new one. Think I'll have the wheel powdercoated while it's stripped, the Honda paint seems really thin on these.
I've still got a couple of niggles that I'd like to sort out. I'd like a genuine inner cowl (black bit below the headlights) and a better set of side fairings which aren't drilled for crash bungs. If anyone has any spares they'd like to sell, I'd really appreciate it.
pptom

Previous

Return to Readers Bikes