Bike Trailer

Looking for something? - all sales are done between the seller and the buyer. www.HondaVTRSP.com holds no responsibility for items sold and you do so at your own risk

Moderator: snoopyjon

Bike Trailer

Postby snoopyjon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I did a few track days last year and had to rely on others to transport my bike for me, so I've decided to bite the bullet and look for my own trailer. God I had no idea new ones were so pricey!!

If anyone has, or hears of anyone else that is looking to sell one second hand, please let me know.

Ideally it needs to be pretty good nick, and ready to roll with just a number plate needing to be changed. At the end of the day, it's going to have my pride and joy on it, so if it looks like it's about to collapse I won't be wanting to buy it :D

Thanks!

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Re: Bike Trailer

Postby CHALKIE » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Ford transit.

Nuff said. :idea:
Who needs a 16k redline?
CHALKIE

Postby snoopyjon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Would love one, but a trailer is much cheaper than taxing, MOT'ing and insuring a van. I already tax, insure and MOT four vehicles (it was 5, but just sold my Landrover). If I get another one now, the wife will go spare! :D
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby Wyvern971 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 pm

I've got one, and would prefer a van.

However check eBay as they do come up at reasonable prices from time to time.

Other than that, they also pop up here from time to time
Wyvern971

Postby steve p » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 am

Ebay has plenty but with the price of fuel now it needs to be local. I was lucky to find mine 10 miles away for £125 although i spent another £75 on wheels and suspension units and other bits but £200 isnt bad. The older, heavier ones are best and far more stable. Make sure you have a spare wheel ;) The old wheels on mine were obselete so to get a spare i needed to buy three. Try your local Gumtree!
steve p

Postby Speedytwin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:36 am

Have you looked it to hiring a van Jon. The van is a lot handier than a trailer especially if it's raining. And you don't mind chucking your tools and paddock stands in the van where they might not fit in to the car.
Even if you went half's with the lads you do the track days with might work out better.
Just a idea as I have the van and from doing motoX for years it was so handy.
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Postby snoopyjon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:55 am

Yeah I'm watching a few on ebay at the moment. The problem is always going to be storage. I'd like a collapsible one ideally, so that I can bung it round the back of the shed in the garden when not in use. Merv, all the guys I go on track days with already either have their own vans, or their own trailers. I normally have to beg, borrow or steal a trailer or van, but the only van I can get can only take one bike, so I end up paying all the fuel costs on my own. There was one guy in our group that also didn't have a trailer/van, so I usually managed to borrow a double bike trailer from another mate, and we shared it and the costs of fuel. However, he has now just bought himself a van, and only one bike will fit in it.

My car does appx 55mpg at 75-80, so I reckon I'll get similar results at 60 towing a single trailer and my bike, and I don't mind paying that fuel on my own. Plus, the car is so practical with regards to boot space and storage, I can get my tools and paddock stands in it no problem at all, even if I take passengers.

I shall keep looking, cheers guys :thumbup: :D
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Return to Wanted