SP1 / 2 Front end parts, wanted

Looking for something? - all sales are done between the seller and the buyer. www.HondaVTRSP.com holds no responsibility for items sold and you do so at your own risk

Moderator: snoopyjon

SP1 / 2 Front end parts, wanted

Postby juliancarpenter » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Wanted for my 2000 SP1-Y - owing to being hit by a deer......... Thankfully we stayed sunny side up but I do now need:

Right hand Main Beam headlight unit (SP1/SP2)
Nose Cone ( red)
Black thin inner trim for beneath the clocks

If anyone has anything for reasonable money (or any suggestions) please get in touch. Julian 07832 365989
juliancarpenter

Re: SP1 / 2 Front end parts, wanted

Postby pirks » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:56 pm

Hello and welcome Julian
A nice introduction post could have been added to your first ever post
You were lucky to stay on the bike hitting a deer, crikey they aren't a small animal. Did you come away completely unscathed from the incident. Where was it? Sorry I'm unable to help with the parts but glad you came out of it in one piece
pirks

Re: SP1 / 2 Front end parts, wanted

Postby juliancarpenter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:06 am

Hi, and thanks for the welcome. Yes, good point, hadn't thought about introducing myself...... :oops:

Had my SP for over ten years and love it. Quite different to my previous zx9rs and a very unreliable ducati 748sp. My riding buddy was so impressed with the sp1 when I turned up on it that he went straight out and bought himself one!

Well in October we made our usual pilgrimage to the Pyrenees and Andorra, 1500+ miles without incident. A delayed ferry meant we were much later home than expected. By a further twist of fate I'd run low on fuel twenty miles from home so decided to back off and cruise at fifty odd. So, only half a mile from my house, in the dead of night, this deer bounds across the road. Didn't even have time to touch the brake. Hit me on the offside front, deer killed instantly. Bike stayed stable, although I wouldn't recommend it. I got away with a sore foot and a bill. Broken nose cone, high beam light, and a small cracking in the right hand panel (fixable).

Makes you realise how quickly these things happen, and that after midnight the creatures of this land consider the road to be their territory. Glad to be alive, could have been a lot worse!
juliancarpenter

Return to Wanted