Front Paddock Stand

Looking for something? - all sales are done between the seller and the buyer. www.HondaVTRSP.com holds no responsibility for items sold and you do so at your own risk

Moderator: snoopyjon

Front Paddock Stand

Postby snoopyjon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi all,

I'm after a front paddock stand that goes in and supports from the bottom of the yolk, not by lifting up the forks... Anyone got any recommendations on these? I notice in some of Cheekykev's pictures he has one, that's the sort of thing I'm after...

Cheers,

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Re: Front Paddock Stand

Postby Sppete » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Ever considered a center lift stand like the one Abba does?
I bought one for mine and I find it far more versitile. Have a look and see what you think

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=1
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby snoopyjon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Yeah, I did think about one of them Pete, but not sure to be honest... My kids sometimes like to sit on the bike when it's on the paddock stand, not sure I'd want them on it with that stand, there's a lot more chance they can knock it and then the bike could fall on them...
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby Strappy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:05 pm

If you can find one, get an NWS stand. Much more secure as it effectively locks into place once it's up. I took the front end out of my 7R by putting it on the stand, then lifting the front of the bike with a ratchet strap through the frame and over the rafters in my garage. Plus you don't have to buy adapters for different bikes as the prongs go into the swingarm pivot.

They have a website here. I have read elsewhere that they stopped business a while back but might be worth a call.
Tough on mime, tough on the causes of mime.
Strappy

Return to Wanted