SP2 RH brake disc

Looking for something? - all sales are done between the seller and the buyer. www.HondaVTRSP.com holds no responsibility for items sold and you do so at your own risk

Moderator: snoopyjon

SP2 RH brake disc

Postby todor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi folks!
i am looking for a righthand brake disc for the sp2. Mine got damaged when some **** tried to steal the bike...the carrier got bent. Used a press to straighten it, not sure if it worked...still have to measure it( I am assuming it didn't) I managed to get a pair of sp1 ones....but, the sp2 ones feel different.
Or...I might go for the ebay ad (thanks Dmac!)
todor

Re: SP2 RH brake disc

Postby cheekykev » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:54 am

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware the SP1 discs are slightly thinner, so I'd opt for the SP2 ones on ebay if I were you.
Be careful make sure your disc is within the Honda tolerance ( 0.3 mm ) Only a few weeks ago myself and Markc633 were trying to sort a problem out with his SP1which had a horrific judder every time he applied the brakes, it turned out to be a warped disc, I tested it with a DTI and it proved to be 0.5 mm out, so just goes to prove it doesn't take much to cause a major problem.
Do what you like
Like what you do
cheekykev

Postby todor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm

yes, sp2 ones are thicker...min thickness is 4.00mm, but, its not this....I think the discs are made from different grade of steel, hence the sp2 has a more linear brakes, while the other ones are progressive. SP1 discs rust faster therefore, they must have more iron in them(I could be wrong here :) )....they can be "grabby"...I am still happy with them but, I couldn't miss the ebay ones...thanks again Dmac!
So...I have a pair of sp1 discs for sale...got them from a mate for £50.00....had them for no more than 500 miles. Will be happy to get my money back.
And I have a left sp2 disc, undamaged...the right one has the carrier warped, 5-6mm. I can't do much with it,,,maybe somebody could.
Well, what do you think people?
todor

Postby Dmac » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Glad someone on here got the ebay discs,

The damaged one is probably only good to hang on the wall and look pretty :D

I sold my good disc at the time, only the right one was warped .5mm out.

It takes the sting out of the new ones and someone gets a good secondhand disc cheap.

Happy braking
Dmac

Return to Wanted