Limited Run of VTR SP2 Akrapovic Exhaust Systems

Post items you want to sell - all sales are done between the seller and the buyer. www.HondaVTRSP.com holds no responsibility for items sold and you do so at your own risk

Moderator: snoopyjon

Limited Run of VTR SP2 Akrapovic Exhaust Systems

Postby Perf-Parts-Ltd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:32 am

Dear hondaVTRSP.com Members,

As I am sure some of you have heard, Performance Parts have been discussing for quite some time a limited run of Akrapovic slip-on exhaust kits for the Honda VTR1000 SP2. Well, after some considerable time, we have finally been given the green light on these!.. However, there are some difficult targets to meet.

Firstly, the Akrapovic factory require a minimum order of 20 sets to tool up for this job. They must all be the same style (carbon oval race etc.), and choices are limited as there are NO titanium options available to order anymore.
I already have a handful of pre-orders, but I need more. Once I reach the minimum order level, the parts will take 4-5 weeks to manufacture. I expect to be able to place this order within the next 4-5 weeks, so 8-10 weeks predicted lead-time.

I will be ordering carbon fibre oval race kits. They cost £1382.00 at current RRP, but I will be offering at a discount equivalent to trade terms.
If you're ordering from UK Mainland, these will cost £1124.95 including delivery.
NB: Race mufflers do not have a baffle, and are stamped "not for road use".

I am looking at offering carbon fibre oval road legal kits, but to do this, I'll need to order the race kits and swap the mufflers. I only have two sets of road mufflers in stock, so it will be "first come, first serve" on this option. These will cost £1249.95 (£1537.00 RRP).
NB: Road mufflers have a removable baffle - once removed, they are identical to race mufflers but with the e-mark.

I am also looking at offering limited stock of carbon fibre hexagonal road legal kits. Again, I only have two sets of these mufflers to offer this option. These will cost £1299.95 (1595.00 RRP).
NB: Also with removable baffle and e-mark.

With all 3 options, a £100 non-refundable deposit is required, with the relevant balance payable when the exhausts are ready to ship. As I am personally negotiating for this deal, I would prefer if you can direct your queries to me by email or forum message. I can take payments by PayPal or card, but I am unable to personally field telephone calls:

clement@performanceparts-ltd.com

Thanks for reading.

Clem

FAQ's

Do I need to refuel?
No - Akrapovic exhausts are already dyno-developed to provide the best possible power increase/sound/weight saving etc. etc. without further fuelling. However, the R&D was carried out on a completely standard bike, and further modifications are always optional.

Is carbon fibre a dangerous option for my V-Twin?
Yes and No - It isn't, as long as you're aware of the full facts! V-Twins naturally produce a stronger heat pulse through the exhaust, and this requires a faster rate of maintenance...
Akrapovic mufflers are an "absorption" style of muffler - they have a perforated baffle core running up the centre of each muffler, and this is wrapped in a unique packing sleeve. This packing sleeve is a consumable item like brake pads or engine oil - it needs routinely replacing at regular intervals as it does start to wear thin. Failure to do so will cause heat damage to the carbon fibre sleeve.

How often should I repack these mufflers?
With regular in-line 4 cylinder engines, the repacking intervals are usually around 12'000 to 15'000, and half that if used on track. I would guess a safe bet for a V-Twin would be around 5'000 to 7'000, and half that if the baffles are kept in or the bike is a track bike.
Tell-tale signs are things like the glue on the back of the sticker melting due to excessive heat causing it to fall off, or blue/purple spots appearing on the titanium parts of the muffler (rivet bands/inlet or outlet caps). Catching these signs early will prevent heat damage to the sleeve.
NB - these repacking guidelines would also apply to titanium if I could get it.

How much does a repack kit cost?
The average packing kit costs £51 per muffler - this includes packing and rivets.
You can purchase replacement sleeve kits too. They range from £158.00 to £180.00 per muffler - this certainly beats the price of a new muffler at £595.00 each for a hexagonal version.

Dyno:

Schematic:
Last edited by Perf-Parts-Ltd on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Performance Parts Ltd.
Units 3 & 4 Broad March
Long March Industrial Estate
Daventry
NN11 4HE

Tel: +44 (0) 1327 706 139
http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com
Perf-Parts-Ltd

Re: Limited Run of VTR SP2 Akrapovic Slip-On Exhausts

Postby Wyvern971 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:32 am

Just to clarify, this is just the link pipes and exhausts rather than a complete system.
(I think it would be at that price, but wanted to check).
Wyvern971

Postby Perf-Parts-Ltd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Wyvern971 wrote:Just to clarify, this is just the link pipes and exhausts rather than a complete system.
(I think it would be at that price, but wanted to check).

Afraid so... I couldn't get anything for full systems.

... And the Schematic and Dyno images were added after your question :thumbup:
Performance Parts Ltd.
Units 3 & 4 Broad March
Daventry
NN11 4HE

Perf-Parts-Ltd

Postby Perf-Parts-Ltd » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:28 am

Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, I am unable to proceed with this offer.
Performance Parts Ltd.
Units 3 & 4 Broad March
Daventry
NN11 4HE

Perf-Parts-Ltd

Postby Wyvern971 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 pm

As much as I would have loved to be able to, £1k is something i just don't have kicking about (but let's face it if I was wishing for money, £1k would be a bit modest :D)
Wyvern971

Postby Perf-Parts-Ltd » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:51 am

Wyvern971 wrote:As much as I would have loved to be able to, £1k is something i just don't have kicking about (but let's face it if I was wishing for money, £1k would be a bit modest :D)

It is a bit of a tall order for an exhaust, but we got quite a few queries for this exhaust over the last 18 months. This is why I looked into it further.
However, only a handful of the leads followed through.

In the same instance, £22k's worth of stock is a large gamble to make when the exhaust is over 25% of the SP2's value (in the cheapest instance).
Performance Parts Ltd.
Units 3 & 4 Broad March
Daventry
NN11 4HE

Perf-Parts-Ltd

Postby Wyvern971 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm knocking you for trying, it is appreciated :)
Wyvern971

Postby Perf-Parts-Ltd » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:06 pm

We've taken the plunge on a couple of complete racing systems - They'll be placed in eBay for £1475ish, but anyone who pre-orders one now can have one for £1350!..
This offer is only limited for March/April, or till all allocated stock sells out.

The headers are stainless steel, with titanium link pipes, and carbon-fibre oval race mufflers.

If anyone would be interested in this offer, please email me directly to arrange this - a 50% deposit is required. ETA end of May / early June.

Cheers

Clem
Performance Parts Ltd.
Units 3 & 4 Broad March
Daventry
NN11 4HE

Perf-Parts-Ltd

Re: Limited Run of VTR SP2 Akrapovic Exhaust Systems

Postby Perf-Parts-Ltd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Took a while, but systems are now in stock - they can be seen here:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Performance-Parts-Limited/_i.html?_nkw=VTR1000+SP2&submit=Search&_sid=98824785

Please email me directly if you are interested - clement@performanceparts-ltd.com
(there is also a link to email in the eBay listing)

Thanks

Clem
Performance Parts Ltd.
Units 3 & 4 Broad March
Daventry
NN11 4HE

Perf-Parts-Ltd

Return to For Sale