Honda SP1 - Ohlins, Akrapovic, Dymag, AP Racing, QB Carbon

Post items you want to sell - all sales are done between the seller and the buyer. www.HondaVTRSP.com holds no responsibility for items sold and you do so at your own risk

Moderator: snoopyjon

Honda SP1 - Ohlins, Akrapovic, Dymag, AP Racing, QB Carbon

Postby SP_HRC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Decided it's time for me let my lovely SP go to a new home. Not an easy decision but too few miles done this year means it really does deserve to go to someone who can use it as it should be used.

Honda VTR1000 SP-1 - 2000 model

This is my second SP and is by far and away the best bike I've owned in 20 years of riding and 17 bikes. I bought this SP in early 2010 from its first and only owner. He purchased it new back in 2000 and over the years looked after it and spent a lot of money fitting the best quality parts. I've added a few bits myself to make what I think is the perfect SP-1. Spec is as follows:

- Ohlins Road & Track forks, specifically designed for the Honda SP, with box and manuals. New price £2250+
- Ohlins HO 943 fully adjustable shock with all original manuals. New price £850+
(Suspension has been set up for fast road use at HM Racing for me, 12-13 stone kitted up. Set up info sheet with all settings listed, handles beautifully)
- Ohlins steering damper with one off stainless steel bracket for Harris yokes. New £350+
- Brembo 19x20 master cylinder. New price £250+
- Brembo CNC clutch master cylinder. New price £300+
- Dymag TT3 Road / Race three spoke wheels in original paint with sales document listing serial numbers. New price £2500+
- AP Racing 6 pot brake calipers & fully floating AP discs. New price £1350+
- Twin circuit AP Racing 4 pot rear brake caliper & Harris underslung holder and spare pads. New price £550+
- Speedycom thumb brake for above. New price £400+. (Both rear brake lever and thumb brake work independently)
- Harris yokes with adjustable offset. New price £650+
- QB Carbon fibre 21 litre endurance fuel tank. Painted in original Honda colours with carbon lacquered clear for black sections. Painted price new, £1350+
- QB Carbon fibre tail piece, colours as above. Painted price new, £450+
- Full Akrapovic stainless conical exhaust system with titanium cans. New price £1950+
- Power Commander 3 USB with custom map by legendary dyno man Tony at HM Racing with printouts showing a very healthy 131.85 rear wheel BHP for a standard engine with a nice, linear power curve. It has had the flapper valve removed and the secondary air supply blanked off to help improve power.
- HM Quick shifter, dyno set up by Tony at HM racing. New price £325+
- Honda Racing Products (HRC designed) rear sets, the same as Colin Edwards used back in the glorious SP WSB days. New price £450+
- K&N air filters. New price £70+
- Polished Harris exhaust hangers. New price £80+
- QB Carbon undertray. New price £150+
- Polished Harris clip ons. New price £125+
- Harris aluminium fairing stay. New price £100+
- QB Carbon vented carbon mudguard. New price £200+
- Titanium and stainless bolts all over the bike. New price £100+
- Harris crash bobbins. New price £80+
- Quick action throttle. New price £100+
- Stainless Goodridge front / rear brake and clutch lines. New price £100+
- Braking wavey rear disc. New price £75+
- Anodised gold Talon sprocket on rear and Talon front. New price £60+
- Integrated brake and indicator rear tail light. New price £50+
- Datatool Veto alarm/immobiliser with installation certificate.
- Datatagged and all relevant documentation.
- Two original keys and two Datatool alarm fobs.

Combined that adds up to over £15,000 in aftermarket parts alone. Bearing in mind most of these parts are no longer available to buy, it makes for a pretty special bike in my eyes. To see and hear the bike, visit this YouTube link to see it in the sunshine:

http://youtu.be/Lv4qyJBff4k

Mileage is currently 14,700 miles as the bike has had minimal use over its 13 year life being only used on high days and dry days. All MOT's are present to verify the mileage and the current MOT runs till March 2014. It's taxed till December and is HPI clear with no finance outstanding or insurance history. I only ride the bike in good weather but do start it every week in winter and let it warm up to keep the engine moving and lubricated.

It's always been garaged from new so condition is practically showroom. The engine is spotless underneath the fairings, no corrision or rust what so ever, it has never seen winter and has rarely seen rain (only on a very limited number of occasions when caught out in it). The bike looks truly stunning overall and it gets a lot of interest and attention when it's parked up amongst other bikes.

In my ownership I've only covered about 2000 miles but have changed the oil and filters every year with genuine Honda items and Castrol Power 1 oil regardless of mileage. Receipts for all oil changes available. Within the last two weeks I have given it a full service, changing the brake and clutch fluids with Super Blue Racing, completed an oil and filter change with Castrol Power 1 and genuine Honda filter and changed the plugs with fresh NGK Indiums (all receipts included).
I have the original Honda service book, Honda card, Honda handbook and the first service invoice but after that all work was carried out by the owner as he was connected with the motorcycle trade, in theory servicing it every 1500 miles. The engine is perfect and runs and sounds absolutely spot on and is backed up by the dyno plots showing it to be very healthy and strong. The engine has been fitted with a magnetic pre-oil filter device since day one helping to keep the engine oil clean and debris free.

Included in the sale are both original mirrors and the full original exhaust system which is in mint condition.

Why am I selling? I've done a very limited miles in the last year due to continuing work commitments and a second bike so it's been parked under its cover in my garage being polished and taken for short runs. It deserves to be ridden and used more hence why it is now up for sale. This is truly an SP like no other that of that not only looks absolutely stunning but rides, goes, stops and handles absolutely as it should. It's an amazing bike with a serious pedigree and I'm certain you will not find another like it.
The price is £7850 or very, very near offer. The mint condition of the bike and the rareness of the parts mean it will only continue to go up in value in the future.

I'm not looking to break the bike or for a part exchange just a straight sale.

This bike is a one off so test rides are at my discretion and will require proof of insurance to ride other bikes, drivers licence and a large cash deposit in my hand.

If you're genuinely interested in buying please email to discuss in more detail.

Thanks for looking.

Kieran

It's listed on eBay with plenty of pictures as my files seem a bit too big for this posting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111153290393? ... 1555.l2649
Last edited by SP_HRC on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SP_HRC

Re: Honda SP1 - Ohlins, Akrapovic, Dymag, AP Racing, QB Carb

Postby Sppete » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:14 am

She's a beaut :thumbup:
Good luck with the sale. You'll have to point the new owner in our direction so we can make sure she's still well looked after :D

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby SP_HRC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks mate. It's a real shame to move her on but she needs someone who can make better use of her now. And you're right, there's only one place I'll be recommending forum wise to the new owner. Good people and quality machinery always found here! :D :D :thumbup:
SP_HRC

Postby Sppete » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Hope you don,t mind. I,ve just coppied your link onto the Firestorm website. You never know, someone might be wanting an upgrade :thumbup:
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby SP_HRC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Top man, thanks very much Pete, all help much appreciated. If someone buys her from that site, beer money coming your way for sure mate! :clap: :clap:
SP_HRC

Postby Stars and Stripes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:53 am

That is some spec! sounds like the bike to have, just wish I had the cash, good luck with your sale
My licence says "Tear down the dotted line" so "I DO"
Stars and Stripes

Postby SP_HRC » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Cheers Stars and Stripes. I'm determined she goes to a good home, so let's hope someone thinks the same as you mate.
SP_HRC

Postby Bob Loch » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Stunning bike but...........................those crash bungs!!!

:o
Bob Loch

Postby SP_HRC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:31 pm

What can I say, never pretty things crash bungs. Useful though for helping to keep the bike looking lovely if my urge to get my knee down was outweighed by limited levels of talent!!
SP_HRC

Postby The Stig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:54 pm

If crash bungs would put off a potential buyer from this bike - then he wouldn't be the right buyer in the first place. There's a lot of positives that would far outweigh this minor negative! GLWS.
The Stig

Next

Return to For Sale