RARE Special SP-1 SE UK Ltd Edition fully loaded from £4,950

Post items you want to sell - all sales are done between the seller and the buyer. www.HondaVTRSP.com holds no responsibility for items sold and you do so at your own risk

Moderator: snoopyjon

RARE Special SP-1 SE UK Ltd Edition fully loaded from £4,950

Postby Masha » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:45 pm

READY TO GO, ALL FRESHLY:-
a) Serviced: HONDA main dealer 21 Sept 2012 (oil & filters, Including clutch fluid change)
b) MOT'd until 21 Sept 2013
c) Taxed until summer 2013

LAST CHANCE THIS SEASON before storing away for winter: - my treasured Silver Honda UK Special Edition SP-1
It is anything but a standard SP-1 - quite a special bike in lovely condition......

Verified by Honda UK via VIN as one of the original SE 'silver' bikes from 2001 - those that know the SE will know Honda started to upgrade in the factory as a 'final edition' it SP-2 forks as standard, and this one has the HRC SP-2 rear suspension too!
a huge list of the best in titanium and carbon parts. It has to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated, and of course ridden - its a pleasure to behold and turns heads - especially when bystanders here her coming. :D

For full spec, including a mountain of spares, some very expensive accessories and tuning, a very exclusive VTR reg. to cap it off

I'll state £5995 for the lot - (or £4950 to ride this high spec. machine away less the reg. and box of standard parts) exclusively for fellow SP-forum viewers at this juncture - you heard it here first and for more and photos see:
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/4170292.htm

For those looking for the right bike - you will be glad to hear they have finally recognised the difference between the VTR-1000F and the SP-1 & SP-2 on Pistonheads (this has annoyed me for a while now that the RC51 bikes were bundled-in with the Firestorms).

For anyone interested to keep an eye on this area see:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/index.asp?c=177
and specifically the "RC51 SP-1 SP-2" section

Alternatively go into Pistonheads > Classified > Motorcycles > Honda > RC51 SP-1 SP-2

I have mentioned this the general chat section for future ref.
Last edited by Masha on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masha

Re: Very Special SP-1 SE Limited Edition - fully loaded!

Postby SP2rider » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Can you please explain what exactly is meant by HRC SP2 suspension ???
SP2rider

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 pm

mine used to be that color lol
i understand SE got sp2 forks and slightly differant swing arm and what else did they get?
did honda tell ya exactly how many were made?
And lastly why ta fook they painted them silver lol although yours look very tasty with those carbon bits and mods really makes it best of luck with sale lovely bike :thumbup:
N11 EXPRESS

Postby Masha » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:53 am

Thanks - as I understand Honda made 2000 in bright silver colour as an end of line for the SP-1.originally I was looking for a final edition SP-2 in all-black when I bought it (as I missed the last one of these at my local dealer in 2007 - and they ended up selling it with a good discount brand new - grr). The 'all-black' final SP-2 would certainly look good along-side the 'all-silver' final SP-1 - would be nice to have one of each some day - but that's just a pipe dream.

Forks were SP-2 spec on the 'silver' SP-1 in the factory, this particular bike has SP-2 rear swing arm which is a few mm longer and helps with wheelbase and handling for road use over the original SP-1 arm, rear shock is a Nitron adjustable coil-over (an Ohlins would be nice though, but I've been very impressed with Niton's offering for the money), front fork internals are from a rare HRC tuning pack available through dealers at huge expense back in the day (local dealer just happened to have some new/old stock) - all tuned for a 13 stone rider and a tank of fuel. It all seems to work as the bike stays planted to the tarmac in most circumstances and has a very nice feel on the open road on its Dunlop rubber currently.
Masha

Return to For Sale