HELLLLLLLLLLLP...!!!!!!

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

HELLLLLLLLLLLP...!!!!!!

Postby tonto sp1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Please tell me i,m not a muppett(but i,m fearing the worst)..Was working on the sp late last night as she is nearly all back together..one of the last jobs to do was put the battery back on AND i can hardly bring myself to say it but somehow managed to connect it up the wrong way + to - and - to +
there was a loud crack noise and the bike is dead!!!! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: ..I,ve checked the fuses etc and checked the battery :(
but all to no avail :doh: ..there is no fuel pump prime ..no ignition light..nothing...I think it may have blown the ecu :angry-banghead: .
Any thoughts or ideas before i go on the hunt for an ecu greatly appreciated......thanx tonto.
Its Only Real Power When You Can Feel The Pistons Moving Up And Down.......
tonto sp1

Re: HELLLLLLLLLLLP...!!!!!!

Postby marra » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:14 pm

:shock: feck! feel your pain matey, that'd be my feckin luck too!! aint got a clue on leccy jobs mate but if you have fried the ecu then.......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-VTR-1000-SP ... 2c5affbe03

hope it helps ;)
4 wheels move the body.... 2 wheels move the soul
marra

Postby tonto sp1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:21 pm

marra wrote::shock: feck! feel your pain matey, that'd be my feckin luck too!! aint got a clue on leccy jobs mate but if you have fried the ecu then.......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-VTR-1000-SP ... 2c5affbe03

hope it helps ;)

Cheers for that mate :thumbup: ...Goin back into the garage in a while to have another look :roll: ..hoping by some miracle i missed something yesterday..fingers crossed..
tonto sp1

Postby marra » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 pm

have you checked the 30amp fuse where the starter relay is? thats there so you dont damage the ecu
just avin a txt convo with me mate, he's a wiz on leccys :thumbup:
marra

Postby GOOSE_SP2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Im the same as Marra no clue on electrical stuff, fingers crossed mate that you can bring her back to life.
GOOSE_SP2

Postby tonto sp1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 pm

marra wrote:have you checked the 30amp fuse where the starter relay is? thats there so you dont damage the ecu

Mate i owe you a pint :thumbup: ...Didnt even know there was a fuse there but bugger me there it was and it had blown :o ...one 30 amp fuse later and shes running like a good un :D :D :D .... :obscene-drinkingcheers: ..tell youre mate thanx from me as well..
tonto sp1

Postby spiv » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Check the main fuse .. tis there for a reason ! My tuppence worth . Check all fuses & relays also. ECU is not easily breakable. As long as you didn't fry any wires it should be easy enough to trace the fault. Get a good bike sparks to have a look see .
Blippin' on the downshift !
spiv

Postby spiv » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Just seen Marra's post .... Sorted :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Blippin' on the downshift !
spiv

Postby marra » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 am

tonto sp1 wrote:..
marra wrote:have you checked the 30amp fuse where the starter relay is? thats there so you dont damage the ecu

Mate i owe you a pint :thumbup: ...Didnt even know there was a fuse there but bugger me there it was and it had blown :o ...one 30 amp fuse later and shes running like a good un :D :D :D .... :obscene-drinkingcheers: ..tell youre mate thanx from me as well..

jobs a good un then :thumbup: glad its sorted matey :)
marra

Return to Other