Aftermarket fairings

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Aftermarket fairings

Postby turbo_billy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Quick question. Has anybody on here bought/seen a set of these fairings? If so, what is the fit/finish/quality like?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260872041095? ... 1423.l2649

Seems cheap at the price. If they are any good almost seems worth removing the genuine bodywork and storing away to avoid any damage.

Regards

Tim
turbo_billy

Re: Aftermarket fairings

Postby tonto sp1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 pm

turbo_billy wrote:Quick question. Has anybody on here bought/seen a set of these fairings? If so, what is the fit/finish/quality like?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260872041095? ... 1423.l2649

Seems cheap at the price. If they are any good almost seems worth removing the genuine bodywork and storing away to avoid any damage.

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim...
I,ve heard really good reports on these fairings, and I,m considering doing the same thing. :thumbup: .. They are not up to oem but i,m led to believe theyre not far off, and theres some even better deals out there at minute, a mate bought a set recently and got a screen and matching hugger thrown in as well!!! :thumbup: .He said the fit was good but did require a little work and they look the nuts.. :) As you say for that money they are perfect as a second set and keep the originals safely tucked away.. :D
Its Only Real Power When You Can Feel The Pistons Moving Up And Down.......
tonto sp1

Re: Aftermarket fairings

Postby GOOSE_SP2 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:37 am

They had a realy good article on these type of fairings in Performance bikes a few months ago and said the same as you Tonto, great value with a bit of work to get them perfect! I may do the same in a year or so time and have a paint job done on them ;)
GOOSE_SP2

Return to Other