Wheel Bearings

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Wheel Bearings

Postby snoopyjon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:36 am

Hi folks,

Doing a track day at Donnington next Saturday, and had a bit of a whining from the front end so I'm replacing my front wheel bearings... Anyone know where I can buy new, and roughly how much they are?

Thanks!

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Re: Wheel Bearings

Postby sp1Dave » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 am

I'm thinking of changing mine but all i can find is the vtr firestorm on ebay for around €15 ,I dont know if they will fit the sp
sp1Dave

Postby steve p » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:36 am

are you sure its not just the brakes? i thought the same last year but ths noise went when i took the callipers off (not recommended if you go for a spin though :D ) Think a full set is about £40 as they are specials. I have an unused set still in wrappers at the shop, is it the 22nd your track day? i should get them to you in plenty of time if it is, and youre interested, but il have to find them. let me know.
steve p

Postby Wyvern971 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Not much help, but who is the TDO?

I love Donny and might be tempted if I can get it past my GF.....
Wyvern971

Postby snoopyjon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Cheers Steve, I couldn't get the bearings out so a mate ran my wheel down to his local bike guy. He's getting them out today and will let me know tomorrow if he can get new ones and how much they're likely to be... Don't go to any trouble locating them just yet :D If I get stuck I'll give you a shout! :thumbup:

Track day is with focused events, on a super saver at the moment, but nearly full - £79 (Full GP Circuit at this price too):

http://www.focusedevents.com/event_info.asp?ID=2458

I'm going up from novice this time, and going into the "Slow Intermediate" group. If I had a track bike I'd easily go in the fast inters group, but I'm paranoid about binning my pride and joy, so don't go nuts on it...

Let me know if you book and are coming, would be good to meet up :D :thumbup:

Cheers,

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby tonto sp1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 pm

snoopyjon wrote:Cheers Steve, I couldn't get the bearings out so a mate ran my wheel down to his local bike guy. He's getting them out today and will let me know tomorrow if he can get new ones and how much they're likely to be... Don't go to any trouble locating them just yet :D If I get stuck I'll give you a shout! :thumbup:

Track day is with focused events, on a super saver at the moment, but nearly full - £79 (Full GP Circuit at this price too):

http://www.focusedevents.com/event_info.asp?ID=2458

I'm going up from novice this time, and going into the "Slow Intermediate" group. If I had a track bike I'd easily go in the fast inters group, but I'm paranoid about binning my pride and joy, so don't go nuts on it...

Let me know if you book and are coming, would be good to meet up :D :thumbup:

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi Jon...not booked on trackday but will be coming down for a look as its just down the road from me....will look out for ya and come and say hi.. :thumbup: ....tonto..
Its Only Real Power When You Can Feel The Pistons Moving Up And Down.......
tonto sp1

Postby snoopyjon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Excellent! I'll look forward to it mate! :D

Cheers,

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby Wyvern971 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 am

Just looked, there's no way I'd pass a 98db noise test :(

Last track day I was borderline at 103 (105 limit) with my SP1, my 450 SM on the other hand failed spectacularly at 117db!
Wyvern971

Postby snoopyjon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:28 am

Do they really do a noise check?? I'm pretty sure mine is over 98db, but Mallory was 98, and I didn't get thrown out...?
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby steve p » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 pm

snoopyjon wrote:Do they really do a noise check?? I'm pretty sure mine is over 98db, but Mallory was 98, and I didn't get thrown out...?

They most certainly do do a noise check, i got black flagged at a 98db day for noise, but was ok at the 105 db day earlier this year. FFS theres bloody planes going overhead way louder :roll: Why do people buy houses near to race tracks if they dont like noise let alone East Mids Airport. But rules are rules and they are pretty strict at Dony.
steve p

Next

Return to Other