Plank of wood for a seat

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Plank of wood for a seat

Postby 400_racer » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 pm

...no not literally, but it may as well be for any long distances ive found :lol:

Has anyone had their seat re-upholstered and can recommend a company? Or even had a go themselves maybe?

Maybe you think im being a tart :lol: but after two Euro trips the last two years i know what its gonna be like when we go away again in september, the worst bit will be me bro taking the piss after being in total confort on his luxury soft armchair like GSXR seat, ;)
...but i guess it'll never be quite as bad as when a mate came with us to Assen...on his CCM supermoto :thumbup: ...never have i seen a man in so much pain ha

So what do you reckon, any recommendations? Or should i just man up as once your ass is numb anyway, it doesnt matter how hard the seat is :doh:

Ad
400_racer

Re: Plank of wood for a seat

Postby Screaming Chief » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I know it's not exactly a cheap option but i just ordered a Sargent seat which should be with me in a few weeks, will let you know if that's any better than the torture rack Honda supply. :lol:
Last edited by Screaming Chief on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Screaming Chief

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:54 pm

just give it a bit of a fresh n up yourself dude bit of sponge moulded into the shape of your own ass lol
and one of these fecking bargain too http://www.luimoto.com/product_info.php ... cts_id=531

or there is a fella here in ireland who sells real sheepskin covers which ya just simply just throw over the seat
supposed to be the dogs dangles on long hauls but they look fugly though but as i said they just throw over so can be just whipped off .
ill see if i can get a link
N11 EXPRESS

Postby wild01 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 am

I did have a mate supposedly customising my seat, turns out he was a waste of fecking space! :angry-banghead: :lol: That luimoto job looks the dogs dangles though! :thumbup:
wild01

Postby JohnD » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Screaming Chief wrote:I know it's not exactly a cheap option but i just ordered a Sargent seat which should be with me in a few weeks, will let you know if that's any better than the torture rack Honda supply. :lol:

So how is the sargeant seat?

My boney ass has just about had enough of the Honda plank of wood, and needs an alternative for long distance!

John
JohnD

Postby The Stig » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:26 am

Contact Tony Archer : http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/
He can retrim your seat with gel foam and also upholster in the colour and material you want.
Did my VFR750 seat for a very good price at a fraction of what I paid for my Corbin seat on the SP2, but I only found him after I'd invested in mine...

He doesn't do e-mail, so phone him. He's very recommended on the VFR forum too.
The Stig

Postby JohnD » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 am

Oooh! That sounds promising!

Thanks Mr stig :thumbup:
JohnD

Postby Neil McClure » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Man the F up John D, recently did Scotland to Brno WSB and back via 10 laps of the Nordschliefe and no issues either in my bum or wallet from fuel stops. Maybe it is my lardy arse tho.
Im just a happy chappy!
Neil McClure

Postby Sppete » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am

Neil McClure wrote:Man the F up John D, recently did Scotland to Brno WSB and back via 10 laps of the Nordschliefe and no issues either in my bum or wallet from fuel stops. Maybe it is my lardy arse tho.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well Said
Bristol to Megello and no issues.
Actually I found there is plently of room to slide backwards or forwards on the seat and that small bit of movement can make all the difference thoughout the day. Also, wear some seamless boxers. Get rid of any elastic from your Y-fronts sticking in your arse cheeks, that can make a big difference too after a few hours in the seat :D

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Return to Other