sp1 clutch

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Re: sp1 clutch

Postby spiv » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:48 pm

When I first got my SP1 I stalled it many times . When you get to know the clutch bite point, it will get easier . Warm the bike up before you take off . Looking at N11's vid ,it seems to me that the lad driving it is letting the clutch out too fast.. hence the jerky stuff . Don't forget ,it's a big V twin so it's not as smooth as an inline 4 . You will get used to it . As for the grinding /metalic noise .. no idea but check your clutch fluid .. make sure its clean and topped up .. could be old and worn out .. my 2 cents worth .
When you get used to it , you will love it :dance:
SPIV
Blippin' on the downshift !
spiv

Postby spiv » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:56 pm

N11 EXPRESS wrote:never really happens when the bike is up to temp
just dont think your ghostrider coming out from your gaff first thing cause you will end up on your ass lol

You speaking from experience there Ronan ? :mrgreen: Good point though .. warm up the beast before you hit the road :thumbup:
Blippin' on the downshift !
spiv

Postby neilninja » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:34 pm

spiv wrote:When I first got my SP1 I stalled it many times . When you get to know the clutch bite point, it will get easier . Warm the bike up before you take off . Looking at N11's vid ,it seems to me that the lad driving it is letting the clutch out too fast.. hence the jerky stuff . Don't forget ,it's a big V twin so it's not as smooth as an inline 4 . You will get used to it . As for the grinding /metalic noise .. no idea but check your clutch fluid .. make sure its clean and topped up .. could be old and worn out .. my 2 cents worth .
When you get used to it , you will love it :dance:
SPIV

Ha ha yes stalled it many times already :lol:
Blue flame engineering : The Gerald Ratner of the motorcycle world
neilninja

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:55 pm

spiv wrote:
N11 EXPRESS wrote:never really happens when the bike is up to temp
just dont think your ghostrider coming out from your gaff first thing cause you will end up on your ass lol

You speaking from experience there Ronan ? :mrgreen: Good point though .. warm up the beast before you hit the road :thumbup:

lol no but the entrance to my estate is on a hill and is blind and the bike spurted me out in front of cars cuppla times
N11 EXPRESS

Previous

Return to Other