Well ive done it.

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Well ive done it.

Postby Speedytwin » Thu May 26, 2011 9:34 am

Well after 7 years of owning Nissan skylines of got rid of. The last one iv had was a GTR 33 and after 2 rebuilds it was running 696bhp with 605ft lb of torque. An absolute animal. But since getting back in to riding bikes last year and sorting out a few licence issues I've sold up on the car front. Seems strange not seeing it sit out side the house but I'm happy to be out of it because it was one of the biggest money pits I've ever had. Bikes are way more fun and a lot cheeper to do anything with. So I've gone from a 700 bhp monster to an L200 tank that wouldn't pull ya out of bed. But I'm not bothered because I have my two baby's in the shed to play with so that should keep me busy for now. And going to see if I can get my hands on a TZR250 reverse cyclender. As I have a massive love for them to. Going ack to my child hood. :lol:
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Re: Well ive done it.

Postby snoopyjon » Thu May 26, 2011 11:53 am

It's always a shame when something you've put a lot of time and effort into (not to mention money) moves on to pastures new... I used to be really into my cars, but could never afford anything that was really special, so ended up with pretty shite family cars... But ten years ago that all changed when I went on the back of my brothers bike. I can honestly say now, there are very few cars that 'do it' for me, that I'd be prepared to spend any kind of wedge on... Driving a car now is no longer any fun. Too many other selfish car drivers on the roads, so you just end up sat in traffic most of the time doing about 60% of the national speed limit. BORING! :roll:

Look on the bright side though, the money you have got to be saving on insurance, you can buy more toys :D
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby GOOSE_SP2 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Jon thats exactly same goes for me to the word, a guy i know is buying a Megane R26 sport F1 which is fine, but you look at how much he is spending and performance wise it doesnt compare plus there is a very special something that a bike does and a car dont :D (i do still have a soft spot for american muscle cars though)
GOOSE_SP2

Postby snoopyjon » Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 am

Yep, I would love a 1969 Dodge Charger... Growing up with the Dukes of Hazard I'm afraid... But if I ever get one, it will be all black, not bright orange :D

Unfortunately though, unless fuel prices halve, it will be nothing more than a pipe dream :(
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby snoopyjon » Fri May 27, 2011 8:34 am

Ok, I've just had a quick search on eBay... Definitely a pipe dream :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180671790055

Don't think I'm ever going to have a spare £30k... Unless I win the lottery :D
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby marra » Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 pm

love yank motor's, had one in the past :thumbup: all's good till you go thro maccy's drive thro and have to slide over the benchseat to reach your grub! :lol: the bloke a few doors down has just sold his 1977 corvet stingray!! not a mark on it and sounded feckin awesome when he booted it down the road :twisted:
4 wheels move the body.... 2 wheels move the soul
marra

Postby Speedytwin » Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Jon it would have tone a 69RT to be the real one. But this would be my choice
http://www.google.ie/m/search?q=fast+an ... en=1be18cc
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Postby GOOSE_SP2 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:59 pm

I agree with you all im a Mopar man, either a matt black 68 Charger or a white Challenger ! As Jon said aint gona happen but in the dream garage along with an RC30 RC45 and a few others :D

What did you own then Marra?
GOOSE_SP2

Postby wild01 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:21 am

Mmmm, muscle cars rock! My love of them is not as firm as bikes but I do love em. My boys first toy and words where Dodge Charger! :lol: :lol:

My perso fav is the Camaro SS......in black of course! :drool:

Growing up in Aust me and my mates were pretty spoilt with big V8's with big sweeping metal bodies, ohhh yess! :thumbup:

The 68 Monaro Image

or the HQ GTS Monaro of later models Image

Yes I'm a Holden man but I do also love the Ford Falcon GT & Coupe Image Image

Ooops :oops: sorry, bike forum bike forum :doh: :lol:
wild01

Postby GOOSE_SP2 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:33 am

Its fine wild we all know bikes come first, that last Falcon looks like Eric Bana's from his film 'love the beast' if you like muscle cars then watch this, i relate to that film cus you have to be 100% petrolhead :)
GOOSE_SP2

Next

Return to Other