Clip on riser handlebars

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Clip on riser handlebars

Postby MartynRossi » Wed May 11, 2011 7:58 am

Anyone fitted clip on riser handlebars? I would like my bars a little higher and the sites iv seen that provide new top yolks and flat bars dont seem to list kits for sp2s (posibly because of catching on fairing or fairing supports or tank) so it looks like clip on risers may be my only option.

I'v seen 2 types, one type looks simple and just lifts you 20mm and costs about £160 the other type looks more complex (and more adjustable) costs more (about £260) but may require longer brake or clutch lines or even mods to wiring (site doesnt say).

So have any of you any experience of using/fitting higher bars?
MartynRossi

Re: Clip on riser handlebars

Postby Sppete » Wed May 11, 2011 11:08 am

Just an Idea Martyn.
Why not take your existing handle bars off, swap them from left to right and put them on upside down....does that make sence??

Then they would be rising up instead of dropping down. We used to do it as a mess about when I was a teenager and instead of A frame drop handle bars it was a bit like putting cow horn bars on instead. :D
I don't know if you need to extend your brake/clutch line and it probably will clip the fairing but it might be a cheep way to see if you want to go ahead with it.

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Re: Clip on riser handlebars

Postby MartynRossi » Wed May 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks for your sugestion, have found some on Busters and M+Ps web sites, they are adjustable for angle and appear to give as much lift as you could get without hitting fairing on full lock, they are £160. Iv ordered some so will let you know more once iv fitted them.

Thanks again :D
MartynRossi

Return to Other