BikeTek Front Head Paddock Stand

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

BikeTek Front Head Paddock Stand

Postby snoopyjon » Tue May 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi chaps,

Anyone got one of these? They come with 5 different sized pins which will apparently fit 90% of bikes... Before I go and blow £60 on one, I just want to check that it will definitely fit, and not damage any of the inner cowl under the lights...

http://biketek.co.uk/store/Bike_Lifts_301/Paddock_Stands_307/Front_Steering_Head_Stand_5_Pin_Adaptor_Kit_1231

Cheers!! :thumbup:

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Re: BikeTek Front Head Paddock Stand

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Tue May 10, 2011 2:37 pm

good question want to get one of these meself :thumbup:
N11 EXPRESS

Postby MartynRossi » Sun May 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Wanted one of theese myself cus I want to take forks off to fit progresive springs, but went to 3 bike dealers who all said they had stopped selling them cus on some models they catch on (and mark) the fairing/front mud guard, but they might of said this cus they wanted to sell me something else (like the one that lifts on swingarm pivot bolt) but in the end I put straps around a beam in garage roof and round top yolk and this worked ok but you cant turn bars which restricts what you can get at.
MartynRossi

Postby snoopyjon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 am

Ok, a mate of mine recently got one of these for his birthday. I asked to borrow it to take my wheel out so I could replace my wheel bearings.

With the standard pins, which go up to 18mm, it doesn't fit. It pushes the bottom of the nose cone up before it gets purchase on the yolk. I think though, with a bigger pin, it would work fine. It didn't hit the front mudguard at all, and the pin did go into the bottom of the yolk, but it was just WAY too loose!

So, anyone that has any kind of front head paddock stand (I think I saw pictures of CheekyKev's bike on a front head stand), could you please tell me the size of the pin that is required? Is it 25mm?

Thanks,

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby turbo_billy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Try here first.....£36 plus £8 delivery from Germany

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STFL-COMPLETE ... 483aeabc4a

Don`t let the price put you off. I have used them several times. Good quality and fast delivery. I have 2 of these exact stands. I have not tried lifting the SP with it yet but I did try the pins into the stem and on mine it was either the 13mm or 15mm that fitted snugly? What I have done on some other size stems is to use a smaller diameter pin with either a piece of tube or a suitably sized long reach socket over the top.

I will check for definite if the lift clears the fairings on the SP next time I am down the workshop.

Tim
turbo_billy

Return to Other