Battery issue?

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Re: Battery issue?

Postby Sppete » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Well, rechecking your earths can't hurt. I would also be tempted to check the high beam switch at the handle bar.
Main thing is 0..2 -0.4 volts difference isn't goint to damage your battery. If I was checking it myself I would be putting my oscilloscope on it and look for AC noise on the DC but as I've only ever hear of regulators failing open or closed or balast resitors failinging open, none of which would give you your symptoms, I still think you are fairly safe.

Go on...get out and ride it ;)

I'm off to Scotland on mine next week :dance: Hope the sun comes back out!
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby Wiffer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Yeah your prob right, i'm going to check my ground and battery connections, good point about checking high beam switch aswell. I have ordered a volt meter to go on the bike from ebay so I can keep an eye on things as I ride so hopefully I can catch any future issues before they cause any damage and then I'm hopefully off to Silverstone to cheer danny kent on to another win. :D
Thanks for the all the help and have a safe ride up to Scotland
Wiffer

Postby Sppete » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:50 am

Cheers Dude!
:D
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby Wiffer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:00 am

Final instalment of this thread, (i hope) i cleaned all grounds, battery connections, fuses and high beam switch and its now putting out consistent voltage with lights on and off. :thumbup: . I thought I would finish this thread with how I fixed the issue as I find it very annoying when a topic suddenly ends and you don't know how a problem was fixed.
Wiffer

Previous

Return to Other