Indicator problem

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Indicator problem

Postby steelsey » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Happy Christmas!

I got myself some nano LED indicators for the rear of my SP1 as the original ones actually touched the exhausts. Anyway, I fitted the right one and checked to see if it was working by loosely holding onto the wires. Sure enough it did and so did the front (still standard bulb type) as I messed about I anciently crossed the wires over on the LED indicator (earth to live, live to earth) Nothing happened and when I reconnected the wires correctly everything was still working normally apart from the the front right hand (standard bulb type) had stopped working! I presumed the bulb had popped so I continued to fit the other left hand rear LED indicator, test it and everything was fine on the left! I changed the front right bulb and tested again but nothing had changed! the Rear right LED flashes, the left front bulb and rear LED flash but the front right bulb just doesn't come on!

The relay appears to be non standard (round can shape) but I guess if that was the issue non of the lights would work!

I checked the fuses just incase that there is one per side or something but everything seems fine! Has anyone got a suggestion as to what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Rich
steelsey

Re: Indicator problem

Postby steelsey » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Several mince pies later I found the problem to be a faulty connection in the loom at the first vee joint near the dash! Thanks for looking :auto-sportbike:
steelsey

Return to Other