nitro x power commander

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

nitro x power commander

Postby disputedmrP » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:07 pm

ive been thinking of fitting my sp1 with a power commander to try and ease the snatchy fueling does anyone know if the nitro x fuel commander unit ive seen on ebay is any good or best avoided at all cost?
disputedmrP

Re: nitro x power commander

Postby steve p » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:00 pm

i have no experience of these Nitro x other than to say you dont get owt for nowt! Anything that claims to have multiple maps for a non fly by wire bike like the SP is bullshit though. On the SP's or any other bike that has a direct link between throttle and butterflies there is only ever one correct fuel map at any one state of tune and dependant on exhaust, airbox, filters , fuel etc. There is only one correct ratio of fuel to air otherwise you waste fuel if rich or run too hot if lean and niether give you any more power. Bikes with multiple "maps" really have multiple throttle responses and or retard the timing to lower the power output, could be wrong though, it has been known :D
Stick with the power commander :thumbup: or go Megasquirt if you feel fancy :o
steve p

Postby disputedmrP » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

fair enuf makes sense glad you understand the technical stuff better than i do will start saving up my pennies for the power commander although never heard of the mega squirt before
disputedmrP

Postby sparkysp2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:13 pm

they come up on ebay quite often .....
Always keep it black side down and shiney side up....
sparkysp2

Postby hannakournikova » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 am

I found a nitro x type thing on my bike when i bought it. Safe to say itll be ripped out when i get it on the road again (Y)
hannakournikova

Return to Other