Bike to bike comms

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Bike to bike comms

Postby grclarke » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Hey folks - does anyone have experience / advice / recommendation for a good bike to bike comms system?

Seen a couple of options "Interphone 4" and "Starcom 1 - BT Go". They seem reasonable but I've no real idea about these things.

Not too bothered about phone or music connectivity, just the ability to moan at TonyF whilst we're on our way to and from the NW200. :P

Any suggestions or recommendations gratefully received!

Gareth
grclarke

Re: Bike to bike comms

Postby marra » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:54 am

cant remember the make n modle me and my mate tried, but they were cheap and fecking shite! ok while you sat at a junction or lights but soon as you set off the amount of engine rev noise coming thro the headset was unreal!! i'd say spend a lot! :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body.... 2 wheels move the soul
marra

Postby snoopyjon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am

I've got an autocom active rider I think it is. Very good, can talk up to about 90mph until wind noise opens the vox mic. I do like a bit of music too, and can happily listen to it even with ear plugs in. I can still hear the engine note, and the lovely exhaust sound, because 95% of wind noise is cancelled with the ear plugs. I did make the mistake of putting my helmet back on without plugs once though, turned the ignition on (music was still playing) and nearly blew my eardrums up :lol: :lol:

If you want I can get the exact model I've got. I got it from the NEC a couple of years ago, including the radio it was about £160.

Cheers,

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby grclarke » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks fellas - food for thought!

Jon - if you could dig out the details of yours I'd appreciate it :-)
grclarke

Postby snoopyjon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:35 am

I'll have a looksi when I get home tonight mate. I keep the boxes for everything, so it will all be there :D :whistle:

Cheers,

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Return to Other