paint scheme

Anything else technical related in here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

paint scheme

Postby David451 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 pm

What are your views on the castrol paint scheme on an sp1 as opposed to the sp2, and what do you think the impact would be on value.
David451

Re: paint scheme

Postby 5parkyuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Depends on the standard of your bike as it stands ,if its good nick its worth more standard.
If I was you id look for spare panels if your originals are good ,and get them done, finding a tank maybe a lot harder though.

I used the image works ,they quoted me 200 to fit the full castrol kit to a plain white bike.
http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
go to Honda race reps they have some pictures.
They did my whole bike for 150 quid fitted while I waited

Tbh I don't think it will devalue it much if at all ,if its done well. Some people love it others don't.
5parkyuk

Postby David451 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 am

5parkyuk wrote:Depends on the standard of your bike as it stands ,if its good nick its worth more standard.
If I was you id look for spare panels if your originals are good ,and get them done, finding a tank maybe a lot harder though.

I used the image works ,they quoted me 200 to fit the full castrol kit to a plain white bike.
http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
go to Honda race reps they have some pictures.
They did my whole bike for 150 quid fitted while I waited

Tbh I don't think it will devalue it much if at all ,if its done well. Some people love it others don't.

It's just a thought at the minute since there are some paint issues on mine, and since I can do it myself I thought it might have been a good upgrade.
David451

Postby Wyvern971 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 am

Do what makes you happy and forget the "value" :)

Or, buy another fairing set to respray and box the originals away :)
Wyvern971

Return to Other