clutch feel

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

Re: clutch feel

Postby 5parkyuk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Cheers,Ill bash out a few hundred miles this weekend and see how it goes. :thumbup:
5parkyuk

Postby pbc0 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 pm

If anybody is thinking of changing their clutch to cable actuated & don't think they can afford it.
I've been toying with the idea myself.
I have a Varadero (cable clutch) as well as the SP1 & I've got a spare SP1 engine on the bench.
Anyway one day I was checking the sprockets on the vara & decided to offer the sprocket cover to the SP's. The fixing holes are identicle & it'll bolt straight on. The pin is too long though but it could be cut down to suit. The Vara. clutch lever will fit the bars as will other models I expect. Even looks like the cable anchor bracket will bolt to the engine.
I personally don't have a problem with the clutch on my bike ( except the arm pump when in traffic for any time) so I've not bothered to go further with it.
Only thing I will say is that the Vara shares the same clutch components with the firestorm excepting the cable actuator & the clutch feel on my bike is nice. Clutch will slip nicely without any jerking.
Just mentioning it in case anyone wants a cable conversion on the cheap.
Bits come up on Ebay all the time.
pbc0

Postby VTRdan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:18 pm

I don't know about changing the cylinders, but once I changed the clutch fluid in the SP1 it made a world of difference. As well as black fluid, I bled a lot of air out of the system so who knows how that got in there. You're best off starting with a very thorough fluid change before worrying about bolting different bits on, I think. I'll be interested to hear how much difference it makes. :thumbup:
VTRdan

Postby steve p » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:44 am

pbc0 wrote:If anybody is thinking of changing their clutch to cable actuated & don't think they can afford it.
I've been toying with the idea myself.
I have a Varadero (cable clutch) as well as the SP1 & I've got a spare SP1 engine on the bench.
Anyway one day I was checking the sprockets on the vara & decided to offer the sprocket cover to the SP's. The fixing holes are identicle & it'll bolt straight on. The pin is too long though but it could be cut down to suit. The Vara. clutch lever will fit the bars as will other models I expect. Even looks like the cable anchor bracket will bolt to the engine.
I personally don't have a problem with the clutch on my bike ( except the arm pump when in traffic for any time) so I've not bothered to go further with it.
Only thing I will say is that the Vara shares the same clutch components with the firestorm excepting the cable actuator & the clutch feel on my bike is nice. Clutch will slip nicely without any jerking.
Just mentioning it in case anyone wants a cable conversion on the cheap.
Bits come up on Ebay all the time.

That is a very useful bit of info nice one, i know someone who would be very interested in this :thumbup:
steve p

Postby hanberg » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Did anyone ever try this cable clutch idea?
hanberg

Postby pbc0 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:31 pm

hanberg wrote:Did anyone ever try this cable clutch idea?

Here it is.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1651
pbc0

Postby SP2rider » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:38 am

How did you find the TSR Slave Cylinder ? Worhtwhile modification ?
SP2rider

Postby hanberg » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:50 am

Still waiting for the first testride, weather still pretty bad
hanberg

Previous

Return to Modifications