HRC ECU

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

HRC ECU

Postby Oberon Kenobi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm told my bike has an HRC ECU.
How do I check, and what are the supposed benefits?

I assume there are none unless it's all setup properly. I have 2 sets of cans, presumably I should remap each time they are swapped over ? Is it easy to update the PC3 with maps found online? (Standard vs micron high levels)

Thank you lads!
Dave
Oberon Kenobi

Re: HRC ECU

Postby Sppete » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 am

Hmm interesting,
Have you got a picture of it Dave? TBH I wouldn't know one if it jumped up and bit me on the arse but i'd be interested to see one.
I'd imagine it would be fully programable and have an extended rev range but I've no idea who you would have to see to get it done for you.
Good old Power Commanders can do the same and only take a minute to swap to the next map I'd expect the HRC one to be a same or maybe even change maps at the flick of a switch. It might be a little old for that though, electronics have come a long way in the last ten years. Look at the latest BMW for example, it has three maps as standard and can be changed by using a switch on the handle bars...the new R1 too, if I recall correctly. Who would want to turn the power down? :shock: If one of my mates had one, I'd be telling him to leave the pussy switch alone! What next? automatic braking?...Oh wait...scratch that :oops: bloody Volvo's :whistle:

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby 5parkyuk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:51 am

5parkyuk

Postby Sppete » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 am

Nice one Sparky :thumbup:
Excellent link! Those guys know how to spend a few bucks and get some results don't they. 8-)

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Return to Modifications