Quick Action Throttle

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

Quick Action Throttle

Postby chris8055 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi All.
Just thought id mention. Bought a quick action throttle for mine last week of ebay.....aprrox £32.00.
All i'll say is wow......what a difference.......took a little while to fit as had to adjust the cables at both ends, however it really has transformed the bike and power delivery!! You can open her right up now without the need to dislocate your wrist!! :D
If anyone toying with the idea would def recomend!! :dance:

Cheers, Chris.
chris8055

Re: Quick Action Throttle

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:53 pm

ah sure bit of wd40 on the wrists keeps them up to spec :lol:
just watch yourself coming out of corners dude ya be more prone to highsiding her now
N11 EXPRESS

Postby Oberon Kenobi » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:18 am

Yeah agreed, and trying to control a wheelie will be difficult! For me anyway. enjoy though dude, be careful :)
Oberon Kenobi

Postby steve p » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:17 am

i have been toying with the idea for some time now. how does it affect riding in traffic? Im not sure i can use the HRC ones on ebay as the Rizoma grips iv got come attached to its own throttle wheel so i may have to adapt that. il have to see if the grip comes off the tube easily cus £32 ish is allot easier than gluing zip ties or waste pipe to the old one :thumbup:
steve p

Postby chris8055 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:00 am

Oberon Kenobi wrote:Yeah agreed, and trying to control a wheelie will be difficult! For me anyway. enjoy though dude, be careful :)

Actually makes it easier to control ( i think anyway) as you are not moving your wrist as far!! In my mind just feels much more positive when riding!!
chris8055

Postby chris8055 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:08 am

steve p wrote:i have been toying with the idea for some time now. how does it affect riding in traffic? Im not sure i can use the HRC ones on ebay as the Rizoma grips iv got come attached to its own throttle wheel so i may have to adapt that. il have to see if the grip comes off the tube easily cus £32 ish is allot easier than gluing zip ties or waste pipe to the old one :thumbup:

Riding in traffic is not a problem........!!

Yeah i did think about glueing a zip tie to the old tube.........and in some respect may have been a bit easier but i just didnt like the idea of "making something do"!! The HRC throttle i bought off ebay said you can use the existing cables although you would need to adjust them.......which i thought would be fairly simple!!

You cannot fit it by only adjusting the cable at the throttle end.....no matter how much i tried it just would not go :angry-banghead:

So off came the fuel tank and air box etc........and there was loads of adjustment at the throttle body end!!

Was a little apprehensive at how it would turn out etc........but it does make a difference......and, to me anyway makes it more comfortable to ride!! :D
chris8055

Postby Stars and Stripes » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 am

chris8055 wrote:
steve p wrote:i have been toying with the idea for some time now. how does it affect riding in traffic? Riding in traffic is not a problem........!!
Was a little apprehensive at how it would turn out etc........but it does make a difference......and, to me anyway makes it more comfortable to ride!! :D

I have one on mine had it about 3 years, it was on the bike when I got it so I dont know the difference, but its great on a track, and 90% of the time on the road, its a bit awkward in traffic on a bumpy surface (can get a bit kangaroo like) and when pulling away when the road surface is damp or greasy. You just get used to it. Go for it!!!! :twisted:
My licence says "Tear down the dotted line" so "I DO"
Stars and Stripes

Postby marcwilson1972 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 am

I fitted one the beginning of the "summer" and it was one of the best things I have done. Totally different bike! Makes it easer to get on the gas fully. (Using a totally American term.)
Noticed the rear tire now goes all ripples so must be working it harder. The only down side is normally after a good blast and on the way home it is a little more jumpy in traffic down to me being tired. (Guess I am not as young and supple as I used to be.)
Like has been mentioned needed to adjust the throttle cables to get it to work correctly, but as I had the tank etc off checking valve clearances was no problem.
Got to be one of the best gains per £ spent I would say.
You dont know till you've tried it!
marcwilson1972

Return to Modifications