SP1 to SP2 swingarm on an SP1. Now with added pictures.

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

Re: SP1 to SP2 swingarm on an SP1. Now with added pictures.

Postby paul24 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Looks like its ganna polish up pretty good! :D
paul24

Re: SP1 to SP2 swingarm on an SP1.

Postby Speedytwin » Wed May 25, 2011 5:53 pm

marra wrote:get some belgom alu metal polish on it ;) bring it up a treat, and use a mop on ur drill, save's bleeding fingers :lol:

Marra we got to get you your own picture tread. Your pictures are getting better

The cleaning and rubbing is fine but the alloy is pitted under where it was burnt so I have to rub them down with emery paper to get rid of them and then to get rid of the lines from the sanding.
I'm starting to wonder is it all worth it. But then when I get the swinger in I'm going to turn it in to a Joey SP with the Vimto Demon look alike.
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Postby Sppete » Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 am

Powder coat, it laquor it, use crayon. :shock: Anything but leaving it polished. If you do, you'll just spend all your time trying to keep a finish on it. I did the wheels on me Firestorm and then watched them try to rot off in front of my eyes. We had this chat with the guys on the mini meet and most had the same problem.

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby snoopyjon » Thu May 26, 2011 8:12 am

Blimey, it has come up much better than I thought it would...! Nice one! :D :thumbup:
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby Speedytwin » Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks lads. Ya it came up nicely but there is some pitting on it so I'm going to get it powder coated as said the one I have has been done and I've a pain in me hole cleaning it.
But looking forward to getting it done. Should look well with the high level pipes to show it off.
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Postby wild01 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:02 am

Some wise words here, polished ali is the spawn of the devil! Powdercoat it and it'll look mint!
wild01

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Sat May 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Speedytwin wrote:
marra wrote:get some belgom alu metal polish on it ;) bring it up a treat, and use a mop on ur drill, save's bleeding fingers :lol:

Marra we got to get you your own picture tread. Your pictures are getting better

The cleaning and rubbing is fine but the alloy is pitted under where it was burnt so I have to rub them down with emery paper to get rid of them and then to get rid of the lines from the sanding.
I'm starting to wonder is it all worth it. But then when I get the swinger in I'm going to turn it in to a Joey SP with the Vimto Demon look alike.

you will need akrapovics so :)

im first in line for the ethos so ;)
N11 EXPRESS

Postby spiv » Sun May 29, 2011 8:25 pm

N11 EXPRESS wrote:
Speedytwin wrote:

you will need akrapovics so :)

im first in line for the ethos so ;)

Think ya might have 2 chances there Ro :mrgreen:
Blippin' on the downshift !
spiv

Postby SP_HRC » Sun May 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Grand work on the polishing there fella, I reckon it'll be well worth it once you get it fitted. Thought about doing it with mine so interested to see how you get on. What happened to the SP-2 to get the swingarm so toasted?
SP_HRC

Previous

Return to Modifications