SP1 to SP2 swingarm on an SP1. Now with added pictures.

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

SP1 to SP2 swingarm on an SP1. Now with added pictures.

Postby Speedytwin » Mon May 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Well today I got my hands on a SP2 swingarm. It was on a sp2 that was burnt out and the arm is as black as fook. So going to give it a good clean and see what state it's in. Now I have a few questions before I start my transformation.
Will the sp1 wheel fit the sp2 arm I can get the wheels aswell but if mine fit I'll stick with.
The brake calliper bracket I think are the same.
The engine/frame mount I'm pretty sure are the same
I'll post up some pictures of Bedford and after the clean up job if it works out.

And also do you know anyone that's done the conversion before. Has it changed the handling or is itjust for looks alone.
Last edited by Speedytwin on Wed May 25, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Re: SP1 to SP2 swingarm on an SP1.

Postby tonto sp1 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi mate,,the wheels are the same..but sp2 are lighter only having 5 spokes compared sp1 which has 6 spokes...
the caliper brkt is different ,need sp2.
need to have a sleeve made up for frame/engine mount as sp2 shaft is smaller ..ie thinner to save weight...
also need sp2 brake line as sp2 arm is longer and sp1 line would be too short..

hope that hepls... :thumbup:
Its Only Real Power When You Can Feel The Pistons Moving Up And Down.......
tonto sp1

Postby Speedytwin » Mon May 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks Tonto. That has been very helpfull.
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Tue May 24, 2011 9:52 am

i had my eye on that swinger good while ago. would love to see how it cleans up for ya
did ya see the zx10 up there which was burnt as well :shock: poor thing had carbon wheels
N11 EXPRESS

Postby Speedytwin » Tue May 24, 2011 12:50 pm

No didn't see it there.
Spent about an hour last night rubbing my finger away and I'm getting there. It's starting to come up well.
There is a few little spots of bubbles like corrosion from the heat so if I can't rub them out I'll have to go down the sand paper route and have it power coated back to silver. I'll post up some pictures tonight.
Speedytwin

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Tue May 24, 2011 6:44 pm

as far as i remember this lad does or used to sell the spacer thing ya need for the conversion

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/eddycrumble/
N11 EXPRESS

Postby Speedytwin » Tue May 24, 2011 8:04 pm

He don't have them listed anymore. But I have the measurements of it so I can get it made handy enough. I just have to get some new spacers and bearings for it along with an axel and calliper bracket. :dance:
Speedytwin

Postby wild01 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:23 pm

What was your reason for this mod mate? Is it your a compulsive tinkerer or was it necessity? :lol: :D

Just wondering that's all, seems a lot of work for minimal gain? :think:
wild01

Postby Speedytwin » Wed May 25, 2011 4:18 pm

wild01 wrote:What was your reason for this mod mate? Is it your a compulsive tinkerer or was it necessity? :lol: :D

Just wondering that's all, seems a lot of work for minimal gain? :think:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Man you know me better than i know my self.
i think it looks a better swingarm and the one on mine has been polished but a shit job done and a cheep huggar had rubbed the top cross bar on it and worn a grove in to it bigger than a visa card machine. so it was either get a replacment the same as or do the conversion to the sp2 arm and this one came along.

anyway now that my fingers are near to bleading im starting to get some where. the first pictures are of when i brought it home

and after rubbing the bejesus out of it for near 4 hours and not done yet.

i have most of the major rubbing done except for the center bit here and then ill polish it up but not to sure weather to leave it polished or the get it powdercoated silver.

Speedytwin

Postby marra » Wed May 25, 2011 5:00 pm

get some belgom alu metal polish on it ;) bring it up a treat, and use a mop on ur drill, save's bleeding fingers :lol:
4 wheels move the body.... 2 wheels move the soul
marra

Next

Return to Modifications