Power commander III USB

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

Power commander III USB

Postby Speedytwin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 pm

I fitted a USB 3 and all was well but since I fitted the Pipes it seems to be fouling the plugs with the STD map in it.
Now the problem I have is when I went on to there web site to check there maps they don't have one with the Ethos cans I have so I changed it to a map with Satos as there the same shape as mine with he air filters and flapper removed.
Gave it a bit of a run on the way home and there is a noticeable change for the better in throttle response but when it cooled down I poped the plugs out for a quick inspection and there a bit on the white side for my liking so I'll have to change it again and try another map.
Have any of you lads had this problem and was it just a matter if going trough the motions or did you bring it to a tuner to have it mapped.

I would bring it to a tuner but Im hoping to get it out on track on the Easter Monday and wont have the time to get it done before hand but don't want to track it with the plugs that white.
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Re: Power commander III USB

Postby Chip » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 am

It's best to take it to a good tuner and have a custom map made, but it's so easy to load the online maps you can just keep experementing until you find one you like
Chip

Postby Sppete » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Chip wrote:It's best to take it to a good tuner and have a custom map made, but it's so easy to load the online maps you can just keep experementing until you find one you like

That's what I did.
First I just tried a few maps from pipes which were similar to mine then I copied bits of maps from different rev ranges I liked to make one good map :D
Took a little while but I was quite pleased with the result. Then last spring I went on a little tour across europe and thought it might be a good idea to have my custom map checked by a professional. Anyway he laughed at the map :oops: , insisted he build me a good one and my god! :shock: What a result! I thought I was on a completely different bike coming home :dance: Oh, and she behaved faultlessly all across Europe and back :clap:

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby Speedytwin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Well I got my plugs running a nice colour at last and it's running sweet. I will get a map done for it as soon as I get the time but for now I'm happy enough so I'll be on the phone in the morning to book it in for the track day on the Easter Monday in Mondello park on the international track for a full day.
I havnt done a track day in 10 years but I'll book a spot in the intermediate group as following some one around in the beginners class will do my head in. But I have done a fair few in the car on the track so at least I know my way around.
I'll bring the go pro cam with me so I'll post up some footage for all to see if I'm not going round like miss daisy. :auto-sportbike:
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Return to Modifications