Flapper valve mod and mapping

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

Flapper valve mod and mapping

Postby Wiffer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm sure the answer for this question is on this forum somewhere but I'm in a bit of a hurry so I thought I'd just ask. I'm considering doing the flapper valve mod, I would preferably like to remove the whole flapper system but I am a bit unsure what it would do to my mapping, I have a PC3 that has a standard map installed by the supplier that until I can get it dyno'd I'm pretty happy with. Will it cock this map up? I know I could just pull the hose off and plug it and give it a whirl but the bike has all fairings off at the mo so its a good time to remove the whole thing.
cheers
Wiffer

Re: Flapper valve mod and mapping

Postby Sppete » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:36 am

I can't imagine it cocking up your map.
When bikes running an original map were done most just enjoyed a louder induction roar but no reported power loses or gains.
Some folk have reported a bit of a power dip when the flapper came in but the general consensus seems to be you can see it on a dyno but not really feel it when riding in the real world.
Go ahead and do it. I've been running mine with a blocked vacuum pipe since the day I bought it. I've also didn't get a power commander until I bought some pipes so I've run a standard map, off the net map and then later a custom map and I can honestly say I've not noticed any dips in power in any of them.
I'd recommend a custom map though. WHAT a difference :thumbup:

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby Wiffer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:08 am

I asked the question on the rc51 forum aswell and they think the same so I it'll all be coming off tonight. Funny really as I spent about half an hour the other day getting all the hose and wire routing right after doing valve clearances. Nevermind
Wiffer

Postby pirks » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Took mine off or should i say when i got a new snorkel i didnt put the flapper valve in it and got rid of all the piping for it.
pirks

Postby Wiffer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Just got rid of the whole shabang, only took 30 mins.
So that's flapper mod, pair valve mod, valve clearances, exhaust gaskets, new mosfet reg/rec, new oil and filter, new fuel filter, and cooling system flushed all done this winter, just the alarm to remove tomorrow and then i'm good to go. :thumbup:
Wiffer

Return to Modifications