tilt sensor....

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

tilt sensor....

Postby VVTR » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:50 pm

looking at the workshop manual for the sp, i notice it has a tilt sensor fitted.

info please!

when i dropped the fker in italy (bloody sidestand vibrated loose and tucked it) the bike went down and i couldnt start it without resetting the alarm.

what are the two relays left and right in the back of the tailpiece??? next to the rear lights??

what i want to do is either use the existing tilt sensor, turned round 90* or fit another one linked to the killswitch so should i happen to wheelie the bike too close to the point of no return, it will cut the ignition momentarily (not trigger the immobiliser lol) and help bring the bike down without me bailing off the back.

sort of like the rod switch they use at the back of the bikes in wheelie school. :think:

/your thoughts please! :thumbup:
VVTR

Re: tilt sensor....

Postby steve p » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:52 am

if you wheelie near the red line you can use the rev limiter :thumbup: might be difficult in sixth though :think:
steve p

Postby Sppete » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 am

I'm not sure, so I don't mind being corrected but I thought the tilt sensor just reduced power slightly at high angles of lean.
I don't think it will cut the engine like the ones which are supposed to be working on WSB and Moto Gp bikes when they fall off.
Oh, and it's strapped on the mini mudgard by the rear shock, not under the seat, are you looking at starter relay or indicator by any chance?

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby turbo_billy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 pm

LH side is Bank Angle Sensor Relay
Middle is Turn Signal Relay
RH side is Fuel Cut-Off Relay :thumbup:
turbo_billy

Postby VVTR » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:55 pm

cheers bud... you get what i mean... just a 12oclock wheelie protector to bridge the kill switch when it gets to like 89 degrees lol, just to kill the spark, misfire it and bring it back down
VVTR

Postby big stink » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am

wtf
big stink

Postby VVTR » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am

big stink wrote:wtf

:lol:
VVTR

Return to Modifications