K&N air filter query

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

K&N air filter query

Postby steelsey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Just ordered a K&N air filter for the RC51. I noticed in the picture the K&N filter comes with a sponge that goes inside the filter! Does anyone know what this is for? And do you run it with in or out? Not being dumb, I know it's there to filter crap out of the air but all the K&N filters I've had in the past rely on the pleated section. Just wondered if the sponges are for induction noise reduction or something!?!?
steelsey

Re: K&N air filter query

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm

yes noise reduction i fooked mine out
anyway cha not read the instructions :lol:
N11 EXPRESS

Postby steelsey » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm

LOL I'll use mine as elbow cushions for when I'm doing nowt at work hahaha
steelsey

Postby steve p » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

standard engine then leave them in, its to reduce turbulence and you lose a little power if you dont use them :thumbup:
steve p

Postby steelsey » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:48 pm

steve p wrote:standard engine then leave them in, its to reduce turbulence and you lose a little power if you dont use them :thumbup:

:thumbup: Cheers dude, my OE ones that came with the bike doesn't have them in :geek: and I'm fitting a power commander but I guess that doesn't really change owt :whistle:
steelsey

Postby steve p » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:32 am

steelsey wrote:
steve p wrote:standard engine then leave them in, its to reduce turbulence and you lose a little power if you dont use them :thumbup:

:thumbup: Cheers dude, my OE ones that came with the bike doesn't have them in :geek: and I'm fitting a power commander but I guess that doesn't really change owt :whistle:

The OE ones dont have any sponge as the paper element stops any turbulence, K&N put the foam in afterwards to suit after their filters without showed slight losses over OE. The same goes for the inlet trumpets, keeo them the same unless you do any engine work then you can fiddle with these and the foam filler :thumbup:

by all accounts :D
steve p

Return to Modifications