Undertray (again!!)

Want a Mod? Done a Mod? Post in here!

Moderator: snoopyjon

Undertray (again!!)

Postby paulb » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 am

Hi
I have an undertail on my sp1 and Im not too happy with it, I am not sure which it is, its like the hotbodies tail, it has 4 round lights at the end. I just dont like it and am thinking of trying something like this

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda- ... ts-rc.html

I think the sv tail lights look great, the 954 blade lights also seem to work well.
The question I have, is rather than using a flat sheet of metal\plastic, could I use my existing undertray, cut out the offending lights and either plastic weld a new section in to fill the hole, or fill with fibre glass? then cut out the section for the sv lights.
Also, could there be any clearence issues with flat metal? the current undertray has a concaved section for the rear wheel, but I cant ever see it getting that low.

Cheers
P
paulb

Re: Undertray (again!!)

Postby steve p » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm

looks good but if you see where hes mounted his number plate you will never get a road legal full sized plate there and have enough clearance to miss the wheel. Believe me there is a lot of travel at the back and i have lost two smaller plates in a similar way and a hugger :(
steve p

Re: Undertray (again!!)

Postby paulb » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

I have never heard anyone pulled for that over here, so Im not too worried about that.
I made a start on it and I have already found my first problem, at the very back there is a section that drops beneath the subframe, SO for this to work everything there will need to be pushed up
paulb

Return to Modifications