'Povic sleeves

Exhaust / Can related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

'Povic sleeves

Postby CXey » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 am

In preperation of potnetially selling the SP :cry: I've just ordered some replacement carbon sleeves for my bike.
The current pair are very faded and more importantly, on the LHS the bracket had become loose and allowed the sleeve to rub up against the swinging arm. Result of which is a nice 50p sized holes and 1 melted rear hugger and scorched swinging arm :whistle:
The system is the lo-level, titanium race system and TBH, I was suspect of being able to find proper 'povic replacement parts considering it's age; however, a certain Norfolk based Kawasaki and Ducati dealer based a few miles outside of Norwich (I can't remember if we're allowed to mention names) can get a them! £318 inc VAT for 2 replacement 470mm sleeves, bands and rivets. Not bad and I was always planning to do it myself...it's not hard but then I had it confirmed that I'd do it myself when they quote £240 in labour to fit them for me! :shock: :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving isn't for you.
CXey

Re: 'Povic sleeves

Postby snoopyjon » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:54 am

Name names as much as you like mate. If it helps other owners, then I've got no problem with it at all :D

There are very few rules on here, but here are a couple of the important ones to recap:

1. By becoming a member, you automatically agree that the White SP2 is faster than the Red SP1. This is beyond contestation.
2. Don't take anything too seriously, life is too short

That's pretty much it :D

Cheers,

Jon.
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby Dmac » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 am

snoopyjon wrote:1. By becoming a member, you automatically agree that the White SP2 is faster than the Red SP1. This is beyond contestation.
2. Don't take anything too seriously, life is too short .

The best forum rules ever Jon :lol:

CXey - Hmm, new sleeves and bands - are you sure you are selling the bike :D
Dmac

Postby CXey » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Then it was Seastar Superbikes to let everyone know...and no, I'm still 100% convinced! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving isn't for you.
CXey

Postby steve p » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:46 am

I use PJ engineering and they will supply carbon sleeves for Akros, however the Akro carbon is a dull finnish, these are glossy but at £75 a pair for standard 110mm x 450mm sleeves cant imagine the Akros size would be much more :o
steve p

Postby 5parkyuk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:59 am

http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/
or I have used
A16 road and race who made new complete inlets for my exhausts ,top service.
http://www.aa16.co.uk/store/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi
Seastar are just down the road from me if you ever need anything :)
5parkyuk

Postby Bobba » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:23 pm

[quote="snoopyjon"]1. By becoming a member, you automatically agree that the White SP2 is faster than the Red SP1. This is beyond contestation.[quote]

Whoa, whoa WHOOOOOOOA!!!

(1) I didnt agree to these T&C's when I joined and beside, you emailed me to join your forum. read below.
Dear Bobba
I see you have a red SP1. Please join my forum as you are clearly AWESOME!
Jon@hondavtrforum.com

(2) It is FACT that red vehicles are ALWAYS faster and putting stickers on ANY bike will give between 5 and 10% power gain!! So red SP1's are best!
120bhp + 10% for being red = 132bhp + 10% for stickers = 145bhp!! + rim tape 5% = 152BHP :o
Bobba

IF IN DOUBT, SKID AND SHOUT!!
Bobba

Postby steve p » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Bobba wrote:
snoopyjon wrote:1. By becoming a member, you automatically agree that the White SP2 is faster than the Red SP1. This is beyond contestation.

Whoa, whoa WHOOOOOOOA!!!

(1) I didnt agree to these T&C's when I joined and beside, you emailed me to join your forum. read below.
Dear Bobba
I see you have a red SP1. Please join my forum as you are clearly AWESOME!
Jon@hondavtrforum.com

(2) It is FACT that red vehicles are ALWAYS faster and putting stickers on ANY bike will give between 5 and 10% power gain!! So red SP1's are best!
120bhp + 10% for being red = 132bhp + 10% for stickers = 145bhp!! + rim tape 5% = 152BHP :o

all measured at the crank Bobba but being as you fitted a final drive belt off an old Harley your back down to 118 BHP at the wheel :D
steve p

Postby Bobba » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:36 pm

oh look how the green eyed monster has reared its angry head :snooty:
I've had a look on the Performance Bike website about up coming reviews and read that the reason a girl was sent to test your bike was because it wasnt red so therefore.......... would not be very powerful and a girl could ride it!
It also mentioned that all the tuning work carried out made no improvements until a HRC carbon look sticker was added along with a number board!
Sorry Steve but the figures speak for themselves
Bobba

IF IN DOUBT, SKID AND SHOUT!!
Bobba

Postby snoopyjon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:36 pm

hahahahaha!! Like I said, "This is beyond contestation" so it doesn't matter how many stickers you've got, you're on the less powerful of the two :D

One tip though, if you're going to make up a fake message from me, get the from address correct :D :lol: ;)

Ooh, that reminds me, need to PM you about something... No, it's not about banning you :D
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Next

Return to Exhausts / Cans