Which exhaust?

Exhaust / Can related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Which exhaust?

Postby mattymc » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm looking to get a new set of exhausts for my SP1, but I don't know what to get. I'm going to the motorcycle live show at the NEC this month so plan on talking to Beowulf, Blueflame, Pipewerx and Scorpion to see what deals they can do, also thought about going to a16 road n race supplies if anyone has used them before? And looking at MTC exhausts. I don't want to spend more than £400 as a maximum, but less would be nice and I want the exhausts to be loud.

I've got SP Engineering exhausts at the moment (came with the bike) but I'm not entirely happy with the fit. Without the cans in the straps and the link pipe clamps as tight as I can get them, I'm still able to move the link pipes around where they meet the manifold :? I just wanted to know what exhausts people had on their bikes, opinions or experiences with any of the companies I've named above, and the loudness compared to other exhaust brands.

Thanks

Matt
Honda SP1
MTC Exhaust
PCIII
mattymc

Re: Which exhaust?

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:45 am

the scorpians id say have the nicest sound for your price range nice deep bass from em 8-)
N11 EXPRESS

Postby steve p » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:10 am

I had scorpions on mine and they were good cans. i changed the stainless sleeves for carbon two years back which gives a deeper tone. Always get a set with removable baffles for MOT and track days, ie put the baffles back in for them ;) If you're fitting new pipes best to replace the soft header gaskets and make sure the headers are all together correctly as a minor out of line can manifest itself as a major dis alignment on the end cans from behind.They can be a real PITA to fit whatever the make, ive spent hours before but then im pretty anal like that :lol: you wont get much if any change from £400 good luck.
steve p

Postby mattymc » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be speaking to scorpion at the bike show later in the month. I like the look of the serket exhaust, but I'll wait and see what options there are. I have stubbys on at the moment but toying with the idea of putting full length cans on as I think they may look better, but that'll make the bike quieter won't it? I still want the bike to be loud.

Thanks

Matt
Honda SP1
MTC Exhaust
PCIII
mattymc

Postby sparkysp2 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm

i have Two Brothers Hi Mount on my SP2 not cheap but boy do they work with a PC111 usb and a re-map
Attachments
two bro 1.jpg
two bro 1.jpg (484.2 KiB) Viewed 11154 times
Always keep it black side down and shiney side up....
sparkysp2

Postby mattymc » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:49 pm

sparkysp2 wrote:i have Two Brothers Hi Mount on my SP2 not cheap but boy do they work with a PC111 usb and a re-map

I'd love Two Brothers exhaust but I fear they are a little out of my price range, but there could be no harm in having a look at pricing. Where would I get them from? and roughly how much?

Thanks

Matt
Honda SP1
MTC Exhaust
PCIII
mattymc

Postby sparkysp2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:11 pm

P and H Motorcycles in Crawley and they were just under £800.....
Always keep it black side down and shiney side up....
sparkysp2

Postby mattymc » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Wow! That's a little to expensive for me, but they do look the muts nuts! Your bike looks beautiful.

Thanks

Matt
Honda SP1
MTC Exhaust
PCIII
mattymc

Postby Oberon Kenobi » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:22 am

Hey Matt,

I have a set of high level microns on mine and they are damn near deafening! On or over the 105db track limit. They are the titanium ones, so don't ever get too hot. the sound is amazing, but its pretty full on - kind of a love / hate thing for me depending on my mood.

From what i can tell, you could pick up the cans for just about anything and match them to some link pipes for an SP1, but I may very well be "bang wrong" in the words of Alan Partridge.

I have just removed the microns from mine for a track day and stuck the originals on temporarily; to store them I removed the link pipes, hence my thinking you could add the link pipes to any cans of the right diameter - which may help broaden your search. although I guess getting 2 of them is the killer for price!

I think micron are dead now, so that might make them cheaper to buy too, not sure.
Oberon Kenobi

Return to Exhausts / Cans