Shorter cans? Wot do ya reckon?

Exhaust / Can related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Shorter cans? Wot do ya reckon?

Postby tonto sp1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 pm

I,ve currently got stainless scorpion race cans on my sp..I,m thinking about either lopping a bit off them or have found a website that supplies carbon sleeves in round or oval,with packing and outlets all available for decent money..I dont mean cutting them really short but probably take about 100mm
off,as at the minute theyre very close to the indicators..I,ve got no problem cutting them or fitting the sleeves and do like the idea of changing to carbon from polished stainless...Wot do you lot think? :)
Its Only Real Power When You Can Feel The Pistons Moving Up And Down.......
tonto sp1

Re: Shorter cans? Wot do ya reckon?

Postby marra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:58 am

jag exhausts over at hucknall will custom make you cans, did a short stubbie for my mates blade 2 yrs back, £80.00, it was LOUD :twisted: he later sold it on fleabay after sticking a yoshi badge on it for £160!! :shock: :mrgreen:
4 wheels move the body.... 2 wheels move the soul
marra

Postby Sppete » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 am

How Loud are they to start with?

Mine are pretty much straight through race pipes and as much as I love the noise there is no sneaking around at all. I probably ride it less aggressively now than I ever did in std trim. The Rossers can hear me a mile off and they have time to set up a road block and have a cup of tea before I even get any where close :( on the other hand second and third gear induction noises on the over run are quite intoxicating and give the farmer plenty of warning to get out of the way :lol:

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby BenSP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm sure some on the old forum had shorter cans. It looked quite nice but i quite like the big ones on the SP. Perhaps you should look though the readers bike section on the old one to see what it looks like.

My cans are similar to Pete's, I get a nice popping from mine on the overun too, that wakes up the farmers and sounds beautiful!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt... I'm still trying both.
BenSP

Postby snoopyjon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:48 pm

There's a guy that sells them on eBay now too, search for 'stubby'. He's using the photo's from the ones that were on display on the old forum... :D
V-Twin for the win!!!!
snoopyjon
Site Admin

Postby sparkysp2 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:02 pm

i have small cans on my SP2 and they sound the dogs danglies. Made by SP Engineering over in Frome....Have just posted pics take a look and see what you think....
Always keep it black side down and shiney side up....
sparkysp2

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:30 pm

i put stubby vipers on mine for the crack one time and good lord was loud like not a very nice loud :roll:
stick to the norm dude
N11 EXPRESS

Postby Yermaun » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 pm

001-1.jpg
001-1.jpg (143.14 KiB) Viewed 13418 times

Here is mine with shorter Akro,s, go for it as they sound fantastic :thumbup:
If you disagree with my opinion, feel free to ignore it.
Yermaun

Postby Sppete » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:55 am

Kin el! :shock:
I'll bet you and Sparky would register on the riechter scale running those babies :clap:

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby Yermaun » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 am

With the baffles out they measured 143db with the throttle held at 4500 rpm with a static noise meter, last year at a track day at Donington Park :lol:
The ground rumbles when the throttle's blipped, and there's a hefty pressure wave if stood behind it, sounds feckin gorgeous especially on the overrun. Nothing sounds sweeter echoing around the hills of the Peak District than an SP on full chat( bar a Rolls Royce Merlin).
Usually run with the baffles in as half of Derbyshire knows I'm coming if they are out :thumbup:
Will try and get a vid up if I figure out how to do it.
If you disagree with my opinion, feel free to ignore it.
Yermaun

Next

Return to Exhausts / Cans