Blue Flame "Engineering"

Exhaust / Can related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Blue Flame "Engineering"

Postby neilninja » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm

I bought some cans from the above for my sp1 having had a can off them 10 years ago for my kawasaki 636 which I was rather impressed with.
I bought some more from them a few months ago and when we were fitting them we noticed they came without a bracket that the original cans never had.I thought that was wierd but anyway fitted them then also realised that the stand doesn't flip up all the way any more.It goes about 75% of the way it used to and now sits right up against the exhaust vibrating against it. (HOW LONG BEFORE I HAVE A HOLE IN MY EXHAUST ?)

One of the bicycle style clips broke as it was being tightened and now you can't tighten it any more , tis broken , making the whole exhaust and downpipe very loose and shoddy I'm not happy as you may be able to tell.

IF IT WAS A £10 ITEM THEN YOU EXPECT THIS BUT WE HAND OVER MULTIPLE HUNDREDS , SOMETIMES THOUSANDS OF OUR BLOODY HARD EARNED CASH , MOTORBIKES AREN'T EXACTLY A CHEAP HOBBY ARE THEY , BLUE FLAME HAVE GONE FROM DE BEERS TO RATNERS IN MY OPINION AND I'M JUST DOING THIS TO WARN OTHERS TO BE CAREFUL AND CHECK WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY BUYING TO AVOID BEING MUGGED OFF LIKE MYSELF , RANT OVER.

ORIGINAL EXHAUST
BLUE FLAME EXHAUST FITTED TO BIKE
BROKEN CLIP (CAUSED BY THERE BEING NO BRACKET BEING SUPPLIED I GUESS , I'M NO EXPERT)
Blue flame engineering : The Gerald Ratner of the motorcycle world
neilninja

Re: Blue Flame "Engineering"

Postby Screaming Chief » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Obviously there's no way the exhausts had been designed so that the sidestand doesn't flip up fully.

Is it possible that they were pipes for the SP2 rather than SP1 ? the link pipes are different length/angle to accomodate the different swingarms.

I assume (semi reading between the lines) that the "missing" bracket you are referring to, is the mouting point where the oem Honda exhausts mount to the bottom of the footpeg rubber mount lower allen key tab, whereas on many/most replacement exhausts/link pipes, they dont actually have the tab to mount to the lower footpeg area as they don't need that mounting due to exhausts being shedloads smaller/lighter than the oem Honda dustbins.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Screaming Chief

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:41 pm

yes my exhaust never came with that bracket either and it feels very secure ive no prob with sidestand
they gotta be wrong link pipes.they could have gave ya firestorm pipes them three letters VTR can confuse some suppliers
N11 EXPRESS

Postby neilninja » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Screaming Chief wrote:Obviously there's no way the exhausts had been designed so that the sidestand doesn't flip up fully.

Is it possible that they were pipes for the SP2 rather than SP1 ? the link pipes are different length/angle to accomodate the different swingarms.

I assume (semi reading between the lines) that the "missing" bracket you are referring to, is the mouting point where the oem Honda exhausts mount to the bottom of the footpeg rubber mount lower allen key tab, whereas on many/most replacement exhausts/link pipes, they dont actually have the tab to mount to the lower footpeg area as they don't need that mounting due to exhausts being shedloads smaller/lighter than the oem Honda dustbins.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Yes on the first point and yes they are definately sp1 pipes (or so I thought) because I bought them direct from blue flame from their website under the tab marked sp1 exhausts , unless they sent me the wrong ones.Because of the vibes there are already two marks that looks like someone has pin punched or centre punched the downpipe.These will turn into either corrosion or holes undoubtedly.
neilninja

Postby neilninja » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 pm

N11 EXPRESS wrote:yes my exhaust never came with that bracket either and it feels very secure ive no prob with sidestand
they gotta be wrong link pipes.they could have gave ya firestorm pipes them three letters VTR can confuse some suppliers

"VTR can confuse some suppliers" LOL never thought about that , thanks for pointing it out.I didn't want to sound like to much of a whinging little bitch but I'm not happy , with the vibes on these bikes the whole system just doesn't feel right to me , the crappy little spanish clamps they gave me I've managed to bend with a normal amount of pressure from a halfords bog standard ratchet !
neilninja

Postby neilninja » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Just to back up my point these two off e bay , a viper and oh look a BLUE FLAME one both with brackets attatched !

neilninja

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

that clamp in the pic is that the one blueflame sent you??
have ya contacted blueflame? im sure they will help you out
N11 EXPRESS

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:45 pm

sorry dude i dont think your stupid but that stand looks odd to me in that pic is it bent?
throw up a better pic stand down and stand up if ya can
N11 EXPRESS

Return to Exhausts / Cans