Handling

Suspension related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Re: Handling

Postby Sppete » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 pm

David451 wrote:
VTRSP2 wrote:From the Honda Workshop Manual, this should give you the info you need:-

SP1 Fork.jpg

SP1 Fork 2.jpg

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Thanks for that, all I need to do is figure a way to take the weight to allow me to move them now.

Dave you don't have to have anything special to support the bike.
If you undo the pinch bolts on just one leg you can move it up or down 5mm and then re-tighten the bottom pinch bolts before moving onto the other leg. It's quite easy to do it this way for one person. That's how I did mine ;)

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Postby David451 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Sppete wrote:
David451 wrote:
VTRSP2 wrote:From the Honda Workshop Manual, this should give you the info you need:-

SP1 Fork.jpg

SP1 Fork 2.jpg

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Thanks for that, all I need to do is figure a way to take the weight to allow me to move them now.

Dave you don't have to have anything special to support the bike.
If you undo the pinch bolts on just one leg you can move it up or down 5mm and then re-tighten the bottom pinch bolts before moving onto the other leg. It's quite easy to do it this way for one person. That's how I did mine ;)

Pete

Thats my job tomorrow then, hope it gets warmer though was out today and froze my nuts off.

Thanks for that pete.
David451

Postby David451 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Thats all jayboys settings dialed into my bike and its transformed it, the forks being dropped down through the triples to 5mm seems to have screwed up the handling. They are set at 15mm now.

How the fook the guy rode it.
David451

Postby Jayboy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Brilliant! - it'll be bloody hard though! :lol:
Jayboy

Postby David451 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Jayboy wrote:Brilliant! - it'll be bloody hard though! :lol:

The only issue I have now is relating to that hardness in that I am sliding forward onto the tank during braking when I hit a bump and its a pain in the arse. I think I need to get some of those sticker things for the side of the tank to give me some grip.

But overall your settings are just perfect, I am confident in corners now and cant thank you enough, you are a gem, what a fokin bike it is now.
David451

Postby paulb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 pm

David451 wrote:Thats all jayboys settings dialed into my bike and its transformed it, the forks being dropped down through the triples to 5mm seems to have screwed up the handling. They are set at 15mm now.

What were the full settings?
paulb

Postby David451 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:26 pm

paulb wrote:
David451 wrote:Thats all jayboys settings dialed into my bike and its transformed it, the forks being dropped down through the triples to 5mm seems to have screwed up the handling. They are set at 15mm now.

What were the full settings?

Front compression 15
rebound 5
preload 1 line

Rear compression 14
rebound 2 turns out
preload 4
The forks pushed through the triples 8mm and a 4mm spacer in shocker top mount, "you can make one of these up".
David451

Postby Jayboy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:13 pm

David451 wrote:

The only issue I have now is relating to that hardness in that I am sliding forward onto the tank during braking when I hit a bump and its a pain in the arse. I think I need to get some of those sticker things for the side of the tank to give me some grip.

But overall your settings are just perfect, I am confident in corners now and cant thank you enough, you are a gem, what a fokin bike it is now.

Those PB settings are good, had good results on the last 4 or 5 bikes from them. Amazing difference on my last ZX9R ! - miss that bike now!
Jayboy

Postby David451 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Jayboy wrote:
David451 wrote:

Those PB settings are good, had good results on the last 4 or 5 bikes from them. Amazing difference on my last ZX9R ! - miss that bike now!

To be honest I never expected much of a difference, reading around it strikes me that the bike is just one of those that was difficult to ride and thats that. You can imagine how I felt when I took her out and discovered a whole world of a difference.

I had a nice weekend up at Oban on the blackbird with the wife on the back, what a nice road, all the bends are friendly ones and it was so much fun. I normally ride up the other side of the loch to Inverrary but the roads are much better the Oban side. Need to get the SP up there, there is a nice stop at the power station where you can get shelter, food, use the toilets and feed the ducks if you like.

My back was still fooked though and had a real issue getting my left leg back onto the foot peg but made it.
David451

Previous

Return to Suspension