Anyone used a shock spacer?

Suspension related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Anyone used a shock spacer?

Postby Jayboy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:07 pm

I bought one about a month ago, just never got around to fitting it yet. I really need more weight over the front but am undecided about dropping the yokes down aswell.
I can;t find the original amount of forks there is supposed to be above the top yoke... anyone?
Jayboy

Re: Anyone used a shock spacer?

Postby Sppete » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 pm

SP1 or 2 Jay, I've forgotten which you have.
Either way I'd go and find out your original settings and see if you are anywhere close. Its not often, unless you've had some mods done, it needs moving far off standard. If that's okay, I'd get the sag checked front and rear and once that's all done then if you still aren't happy wit it I'd start playing with spacers or dropping the front.
I've put some Hyper-pro springs in the front of mine and dropped the front by 5 mm. Huge difference for the better, much more planted and no bottoming out on ruff roads under heavy braking :thumbup: Love em :thumbup:

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Re: Anyone used a shock spacer?

Postby Speedytwin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I have a 6mm spacer in the rear and I droped the front by 4mm. I still have the settings a bit to hard for the bumpy roads but it handles like a dream on the smith stuff. Turn in is very quick and it tends to stay down a bit more while braking in corners.
I am a wepon of masive consumption it's not my fault it's how im programed to function.
Speedytwin

Return to Suspension