Brook Suspension

Suspension related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Brook Suspension

Postby turbo_billy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Has anybody had any dealings with Brook Suspension in Bradford? I am just about to send my forks away to him for a service and wondered if anyone had an opinion?
Cheers
Tim :thumbup:
turbo_billy

Re: Brook Suspension

Postby turbo_billy » Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm

A quick update for this post. Just got my forks back from Dave Brooks and refitted to the bike. All I can say is he is a good bloke to deal with. He told me turnaround time would be about 10 days due to his volume of work. No problem there. He phoned me yesterday morning to say he had started on the forks and ASKED me if I would like to replace the dust seals as well as they had started to show signs of cracking. Well, with the forks apart its a no brainer so had some new ones fitted. He phoned me back about 3 hours later saying they were ready, paid over the phone and they were couriered to me overnight.
The bike is back to handling as it should and it`s nice to know that everything has been stripped, cleaned and checked and that no unecessary work has been done for the sake of a quick buck. £135 all in for refurb, re-oil, re-seal and postage back.
I would happily recommend him to anyone thinking of having any suspension work done. :clap:

Brook Suspension
01274 414768
http://WWW.Brooksuspension.co.uk

Cheers
Tim :thumbup:
turbo_billy

Postby N11 EXPRESS » Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 pm

135 for for forks seals :shock: and he didnt even have to take them off the bike
i got the same service here on my forks for 50 euro
N11 EXPRESS

Postby turbo_billy » Fri May 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Full strip down, clean, inspect, polish legs, replace seals, dust seals (£20 extra) re-oil and courier back (£15), So, just seals and oil plus labour cost is £100.
I would normally do a fork service myself, right way up easy, USD a bit more dificult. Did a set of R1`s a while back and had to make special tools up to strip them. Looked at the FSM to do the SP`s and the amount of parts and time involved plus tools required, I thought that was a good price. The bike has been sat with a popped seal for a few months as I haven`t had time to even take it apart so bit the bullet and sent them away. Even got a set of new seals sat on my desk ready.
Happy now as they are refitted and I get to play again. :thumbup:
turbo_billy

Return to Suspension