Yoke question

Suspension related queries here...

Moderator: snoopyjon

Yoke question

Postby turbo_billy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Can somebody tell me if the top and bottom yokes and centre stem are the same for the SP1 and SP2? If not, what are the differences?
Cheers
Tim
turbo_billy

Re: Yoke question

Postby Dmac » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Fairly sure they are different Tim, The SP2 stuff being better, obviously :whistle: :whistle: :lol:

The stem is a larger diameter on the SP2, It uses bigger bearings and of course the top nut and top yoke are different to match :thumbup:

Dermot
Dmac

Postby turbo_billy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Cheers for that Dermot. The next question then is can the SP2 yokes still be fitted to the SP1 frame, provided the different bearings are used and the stem fits through the headstock?
cheers
Tim
turbo_billy

Postby Dmac » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 pm

ah I was just thinking that myself,

I know the numbers on a bearing can be used to give the inside diameter and outside diameter. I think you multiply by 5 -- or something along those lines.

Just had a look on ebay and the same bearings are listed for all the SP's -- so I am wondering now, The top nut and top part of the stem is different -- a steering damper mount for SP1 and SP2 will not interchange :think:

Just had a quick look, SP2 top nut 41mm accross flats. top of stem OD 34mm ish . ID 28mm ish.
Dmac

Postby turbo_billy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Just asking as I know on the CBX1000 the later prolink used a different stem with a larger I/D bearing on the bottom but the O/D was the same and therefore interchangeable, which is what I did on the "Special". I`ll have to do a bit of digging to see if I can use one or the other on the next project build. I have a set of R1 forks that will fit into an SP1 yokes as they are the same O/D at the clamp points but am still in need of a set of yokes. If anyone can help with these I would be grateful. :thumbup:
Cheers
Tim
turbo_billy

Return to Suspension