rough running sp2 2002

Engine related queries here

Moderator: snoopyjon

rough running sp2 2002

Postby phillcbx » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi all,
Can anyone please help me out I have an sp2 2002 UK spec since I bought her she has been running really rough when shes opened up she is fine but low down she is a rough as a badgers bottom.............. the slow speed is really bad.
she has a PC3 and set up on the rolling road all seemed good, its just low down,
I have had 3 sp1,s and 2 sp2,s before so I know that they are not good low down revs but this one is very bad ,I just cant work it out even my local Honda dealer has no idea whats going on........................

I cleared all the previous error codes today then took her out and yep same bad running and she also stalled for no reason, when I got back after a 6 miles checked for error codes and none showing.

So my question is what other issues / faults could it be that wont be showing of the F1 error check,

I have had her a year now and hardly used her as its not a pleasant ride so any help hints or pointing me in a general direction would be great.

Kind regards Phill
phillcbx

Re: rough running sp2 2002

Postby Neil McClure » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Disconnect the pc3 its amazing how many are at fault.
Im just a happy chappy!
Neil McClure

Re: rough running sp2 2002

Postby Sppete » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:52 am

PC3 would be my first guess too.
Might be worth running some injection cleaner through her too if she's not been used much. Are both the plugs the same colour?

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Return to Engine