16/32K service

Engine related queries here

Moderator: snoopyjon

16/32K service

Postby Sppete » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:00 am

Who's had one done?
What did it cost and where did you have it done?

I've just been to a small independant garage for mine. A tad over £400 and I had a couple of extra bits (radiator thermostat) done at the same time.
Can't complain about the service, the fellow gave me some really useful advice and also gave me a run down on the state of the rest of the bike, wear in the pads,tyres, bearing check ect.
Can't beat the personel touch in my opinion, he talked me through exactly what I wanted done before the service and then talked me through everything that was done and showed me the parts after the work was done. The last time I went to the main dealer, they might have had a pretty girl on the front counter, but they were so inflexable ( the policies, not the girl ;) I wouldn't bother going back there unless I was really stuck.

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Re: 16/32K service

Postby todor » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:49 pm

I service my bikes myself, the sp is due to have the valve clearances getting checked....I plan to do it myself, over the holidays...I've read somewhere that the bike doesn't really need this done till 30000 or so....well, it depends on the history of the bike i think. And I use a good semisynthetic 10/40 car oil on all my bikes....I am yet to know what the difference is between car/bike oil....other than price...they have to be made to the same spec after all. Pads...I had the original ones before they got swapped for EBC sintered ones. The EBC are fine but, I prefer the old set up...I think VERSAH make the origanal pads...more feel and bite....the bike is completely standard apart from the pipes and the daft front indicators.
Any of you folks had any experience of the chinese fairings? I am thinking of getting one...unpainted, looks matt black...it can't be bad for £300 or so....or is it?
todor

Postby cheekykev » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:15 pm

todor wrote: Pads...I had the original ones before they got swapped for EBC sintered ones. The EBC are fine but, I prefer the old set up...I think VERSAH make the origanal pads...more feel and bite....the bike is completely standard apart from the pipes and the daft front indicators.

Tend to agree with you on the brakes, I took the EBC pads out of mine and put the original Honda ones which are Nissin in and they are far better, in my opinion you can't beat them for normal road use and more,
Regards indicators, the original ones are about £65 to £70 new and have amber lenses, look on ebay for original Honda indicators from any 600 / 1000 etc. around the 2000 to 2003 era and put them on, they are the same shape, you may just have to mess around a bit with the wiring and the lenses, but it's worth doing, the bike will look much better, that's what I did and put tinted lenses on, they really match up with the bike nicely :thumbup:

Do what you like
Like what you do
cheekykev

Postby bazza696 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:36 am

cheekykev wrote:
todor wrote: Pads...I had the original ones before they got swapped for EBC sintered ones. The EBC are fine but, I prefer the old set up...I think VERSAH make the origanal pads...more feel and bite....the bike is completely standard apart from the pipes and the daft front indicators.

Tend to agree with you on the brakes, I took the EBC pads out of mine and put the original Honda ones which are Nissin in and they are far better, in my opinion you can't beat them for normal road use and more,
Regards indicators, the original ones are about £65 to £70 new and have amber lenses, look on ebay for original Honda indicators from any 600 / 1000 etc. around the 2000 to 2003 era and put them on, they are the same shape, you may just have to mess around a bit with the wiring and the lenses, but it's worth doing, the bike will look much better, that's what I did and put tinted lenses on, they really match up with the bike nicely :thumbup:

nice to see your still looking after my bike, I will have to arrange a day in the summer to come and pick her up :)
bazza696

Postby Sppete » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:59 am

bazza696 wrote:nice to see your still looking after my bike, I will have to arrange a day in the summer to come and pick her up

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DO YOU really think you could prize that SP out of Kevs fingers! :P
There an't a spanner strong enough to brake his grip away from that baby

Pete
Plagiarism- Getting in trouble for what somebody else has done
Sppete

Return to Engine