Clutch plates

Engine related queries here

Moderator: snoopyjon

Re: Clutch plates

Postby smudge » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 am

Hi. What brand of plates did you use. I've used ebc in the past and sent two sets back under warranty. I've found a surflex kit on eBay but never heard of them before. Advise needed?
smudge

Postby turbo_billy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi Smudge,

Funnily enough,I bought a complete set of Surflex steel and fibre plates like these and from this seller.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR1000 ... 2c96e57570

Look the part and have heard of no problems with them, but must admit that life has gotten in the way and they are still sat on the bench in the packet waiting to be fitted. :(

Cheers

Tim
turbo_billy

Postby smudge » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Please ignore this. It posted twice and says I've deleted it but it still shows
Last edited by smudge on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smudge

Postby smudge » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:15 pm

he sp1 inner (first friction into the basket) and outer are the same size as the other five but the friction material is different. The outer friction plate goes into the shallower locators but all discs are the same size. The sp2 inner friction plate has a larger internal diameter than the others to allow the upgraded anti judder springs to sit inside them, then the other plates on top with again the same size outer but made of a different friction material. With both the sp1 and 2 the friction material isn't noticeably different to the eye until it's soaked in oil then you can visually see a colour difference. You can put the sp2 clutch pack into the sp1 as they share the same basket. Hope this helps
smudge

Postby smudge » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Oh and as for the surflex clutch I went genuine after all as it was only £1.50 more to have a factory Honda clutch in her
smudge

Previous

Return to Engine